Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DID YOU EVER SEE A CARD YOU SOLD COME UP FOR SALE AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I seen a card i use to have, sold it when i needed some scratch. want to see if i can get it again. Anyone else sell one and pick it up again

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I sold a card back in December of 2013 for $1100.. Now the buyer is selling it for $400

also back in 2003 when SP Authentic came out I pulled one of these and sold it for $750 and back in 2011 I bought it back for $85 :)
View attachment 74150

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Sold a Harper usa green auto 2/2 when product came out.

Couple years later it was
Featured in a top sales of the month Beckett listing

Also, while looking through a common auto box at the National, found an Oliver Perez card which still had my handwriting on the top loader.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I picked up a Danny Brewer long out of baseball nobody Bowman Chrome 1/1 Superfractor auto at a flea market cheap. Sold it for $85. Was searching completed sales quite some time later for something, must've had 1/1 in my search and saw it had been graded by beckett and sold for like $15.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sold 1 Dewon Brazelton SPx Auto /1500 at one point in time, and later picked up a copy. When I got it, I was kind of surprised to realize it was the exact same copy /1500.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
During the craze of Ryan Braun's rookie season, I sold a Chrome gold ref auto for $1000. The card was resold a few months later for $1700. Braun's continued hot streak played a part but I'm sure it helped that the card came back from Beckett with a gem mint grade.

Aug 14, 2017
Something is telling me we are going to have responses to this thread in 4 years talking about how much they sold a Judge for and how little they paid to buy it back.

He's a great role model, but I don't think he's going to have the long term playing career of Judge or Harper. The guy is just too big to remain agile and injury free. He'll be a DH before you know it. He's already 25 too. Still wish him the best, but now's a solid time to sell Judge IMO.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
About 5-6 years ago I sold a 1998 BBest Beltre Atomic Refractor auto. I had listed it for $80. It went unsold. I got an offer for $40 or $50 or so, so I decided WTH, I'll take the money. That card was listed later by one of those sit-on-it-forever-at-10x-market-price sellers for something like $800 or $1200, probably sold for that much eventually in the runup on his stuff. That one was particularly galling. I haven't sold much in recent years, and of all the stuff I decided to randomly sell, it was that one.

And I've owned the same 1/1 twice. 2007 Spectrum blue Nick Markakis jersey-number parallel. I started building the set once and snagged that one. Then gave up on the set and sold it. Then decided to try again and found it was for sale again. I think I sold it for more than I bought if for each time, so at least there's that.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
My card shop sold a 2016 Bowman Chrome Red refractor of G Torres (cubs) auto for over $599.00....the buyer had it graded by psa and tried to sell it with a bin for $2,500.00. Best regards, David

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
My card shop sold a 2016 Bowman Chrome Red refractor of G Torres (cubs) auto for over $599.00....the buyer had it graded by psa and tried to sell it with a bin for $2,500.00. Best regards, David
I remember when you asked who he was. I had no idea at the time either

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I sold a card back in December of 2013 for $1100.. Now the buyer is selling it for $400

also back in 2003 when SP Authentic came out I pulled one of these and sold it for $750 and back in 2011 I bought it back for $85 :)
View attachment 74150

To buy a card back for just over 11% of what you sold it 4 years ago is a great thing :cool::cool:

Oh I have sold a few cards that were a great sale for me.......and 2 of the buyers listed it for way more and then ultimately sold them for about 20% less then what I sold the for. 1 I sold was 500 and the other was 325

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Something is telling me we are going to have responses to this thread in 4 years talking about how much they sold a Judge for and how little they paid to buy it back.

He's a great role model, but I don't think he's going to have the long term playing career of Judge or Harper. The guy is just too big to remain agile and injury free. He'll be a DH before you know it. He's already 25 too. Still wish him the best, but now's a solid time to sell Judge IMO.

I'm a huge Yankees fan and I hope he hits 50 home runs a year for the next 15 years, but I 100% agree with this. Long term I think Gary Sanchez will be the better player. And I wouldn't put either of them in the same category as Harper or Bryant. Sadly I think there's a better chance Judge turns out to be closer to George Foster or Cecil Fielder than to Mike Schmidt or Frank Thomas.

Never mind Trout, he's in a class by himself. He's the only modern player I would consider a sound investment. Guy missed 40 games this year and still finished top 10 in WAR. Insane.

Scott F

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm a huge Yankees fan and I hope he hits 50 home runs a year for the next 15 years, but I 100% agree with this. Long term I think Gary Sanchez will be the better player. And I wouldn't put either of them in the same category as Harper or Bryant. Sadly I think there's a better chance Judge turns out to be closer to George Foster or Cecil Fielder than to Mike Schmidt or Frank Thomas.

Never mind Trout, he's in a class by himself. He's the only modern player I would consider a sound investment. Guy missed 40 games this year and still finished top 10 in WAR. Insane.

Scott F

Sanchez really is being overlooked because of Judge right now. If I were speculating on one or the other it would be Sanchez.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Won the card, that made me start the thread. post it when it arrives. Got it a little cheaper than i sold it for.

Members online