Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ernie Banks 1999 A Piece of History 500 HR Club Bat Autograph - Where? - Nationals - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I know that's how it is for me. That is the 1 card i would keep if I could only keep 1 card. I had a FCB member PM me saying how he was short 1 card for the set (McGwire) . He said he could make a significant offer but i'll be buried with that card. Last one I seen for sale was 6 years ago and that was the 1 i bought through a deal off the computer.
That's great. Did you post up a picture of yours? As a Belle collector, I think it's pretty crazy to think you have a card of your guy which is worth like $10k lol.... I mean I have the bat barrel in my sig which is like a $300 card and that is like record breaking for him. Although I have a few '90s inserts which would be close to double that if I wanted to sell them anytime but like you, they're pretty much locked away :)

That's great. Did you post up a picture of yours? As a Belle collector, I think it's pretty crazy to think you have a card of your guy which is worth like $10k lol.... I mean I have the bat barrel in my sig which is like a $300 card and that is like record breaking for him. Although I have a few '90s inserts which would be close to double that if I wanted to sell them anytime but like you, they're pretty much locked away :)

In 2 days, this card will be 12 years old. In the 12 years , I had 1 legitimate oppertunity to purchase the card when I had the funds on hand and there was a copy to be had. I made my one chance work as 8 years later, i still have not seen one pop upagain.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^Wow, that's a great looking card. Crazy to think there are 25 copies out there somewhere. Wonder if any are still in packs?

Did you get it graded or did it come graded?

^^Wow, that's a great looking card. Crazy to think there are 25 copies out there somewhere. Wonder if any are still in packs?

Did you get it graded or did it come graded?

I wonder about that too. To even find boxes of 2002 Upper Deck Series II is a task. I know 1 other guy who owns a copy, a member.
I had it graded once i got it. I wanted it secured in a legit holder. Im fine with 9 grade. I knew it was not going to get a 9.5 but i was happy i got a one with a nice bold auto. the guy i got it from said out of the few he once owned, this was the nicest one with a clean signature.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Why is the Griffey card numbered to 25?

At some point they shifted from numbering the cards to jersey number to making them /25. McGwire is also /25 although I think Sosa was /21.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
I recently picked up the Mathews /41 of this card. I had been searching for it since 01 and it was only the second copy I'd ever seen.

For me, I had actually contemplated busting cases of holographix, which is what Mathews was in. Such a bad product and probably part of why Ive only seen a card /41 twice in 13 years.

I recently picked up the Mathews /41 of this card. I had been searching for it since 01 and it was only the second copy I'd ever seen.

For me, I had actually contemplated busting cases of holographix, which is what Mathews was in. Such a bad product and probably part of why Ive only seen a card /41 twice in 13 years.

DUDE!!! Post a Pic !!!!! These are cards from IMO the most influential / sacred GU/Auto set that has ever Been made. I myself, will NEVER get tired of looking at the auto variations.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I found this in the April/May 2010 Beckett Baseball.

beckett-article_zps65321c55.jpg

Last edited:

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
The APOH 500 Auto's are pretty much like Jordan Cards/Inserts/Auto & Ruth memorabilia. They will only go up over time. Thats the first Griffey auto i have seen in few years. Last one i recall was like 1,500$. Dont remember how long ago.

I need to go back and edit my post. That should say April/May 2010 Beckett.

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
I found this in the April/May 2010 Beckett Baseball.

beckett-article_zps65321c55.jpg

I was the 2nd highest bidder on this, so I can confirm the auction was legit.

I was so pissed to miss out on it. However, the signature was a little faded... Which is the same problem that had me retract an offer of $5,000 on a 97/98 Jordan Game Jersey Auto /23 ~5-6 years ago.... Now in my eyes that auto looks nearly perfect

jschl93994

Apr 30, 2011
For those that are interested in a Griffey APOH..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261531342051

I bid on this too.... I think I should be a little more torn about whether or not to add a non #'d one to the collection, but I'm not. I'm completely dis-interested.

The serial # is probably so easy to add in by anyone who wanted to fake it anyways..

The auto is also 100000% consistent with the Auto he has on the other 25 copies, so its not like there was some loose blank that eventually got signed. They were all done at the same time.

Just gonna pass ;(

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Why isn't it numbered like the others?

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Not much to add, but I did find this. It's two pages of an old ad that I tried to stitch together.

F8nzTFO.jpg

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Why isn't the Schmidt #ed ? If Killer sold for 10k what are the chances of nailing a Mr Cub for 3k? Good luck regardless!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts