Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cole Hamels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I love seeing the Red Sox hit 4 home runs off Hamels in the first 5 innings, including 2 from Pedroia and one from Betts! HanRam got the other.

Go Sox, 2015!!!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
And to think we would have scored about 5 more runs had Sandoval and Ortiz done anything at the plate. All in all a great day for the Sox, definitely love seeing Ramirez back in a Red Sox uni and Pedroia is primed to have a huge season in this lineup. That was vintage Clay Buchholz too, man he was feeling it! :)

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
And to think we would have scored about 5 more runs had Sandoval and Ortiz done anything at the plate. All in all a great day for the Sox, definitely love seeing Ramirez back in a Red Sox uni and Pedroia is primed to have a huge season in this lineup. That was vintage Clay Buchholz too, man he was feeling it! :)

5-HR to start the year! This team has the potential to be the best Red Sox team of my lifetime. If Masterson and Porcello stay healthy and pitch as they can, it's gonna be a bloodbath for them, like it was today.

HanRam's slam made the day even more special. I love that he and Masterson returned. If Bogaerts can be even somewhat productive, this should be an amazing season.

I predict Sox-Nats WS, and Sox take it in 5.

Also, just wanna say: "Welcome to the Bigs," Cole. :)

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'd say a WS prediction is a tad optimistic, although in this years weak AL East I think they can easily win the division. Love the comradery between the players, very reminiscent of 2013 when they played their asses off and had fun doing it...all the way through October. Papi and HamRam had me cracking up when they were dancing in the dugout in between innings :lol:

Cole actually didn't pitch too terribly, but the mistakes he made were absolutely hammered. Can't get away with many mistakes against this lineup.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Sox rotation leaves a lot to be desired. About the same as the Rangers rotation...
Sox rotation is based on potential this year. They can get away without having an ace because of the loaded offense. If Buchholz pitches like he did today all season, Porcello similar to what he did last year, Miley/Kelly up to their potential, and Masterson like he did a couple years ago now that he's healthy....it's a lot that needs to go right but if it does this team will do great this year. As good as our staff was last year (Lester, Lackey, etc..) we still finished in last place. Why? Because we couldn't score! Hopefully now that we can score we won't need to pitch as well, but I think our #1-5 is just as good as last years #1-5 (So glad I don't have to watch Peavy get lit up every 5 days this yr).

Rangers rotation is similar based on the lack of an ace without Darvish and a few of the guys need to step up to make it a good rotation. Hope it works out for you guys.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Beautiful swing. Cracked his bat, too!!

Was a bit surprised to see Porcello get $20m AAV but I guess it's not too bad considering those would be his FA years. A slight overpay in AAV for less years seems to be right on with the Sox current philosophy. I think Porcello will do well with our solid IF defense behind him...and you can always count on him for 31+ starts.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Great opening day in baseball despite my 3 favorite teams scoring zero runs. But, on the bright side of things the season is still young, the Red Sox don't want Hamels anymore, Ryan Howard got a hit, and both Jimmy Rollins and Kyle Kendrick had great games today.:D
Go Phillies!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I love the optimism of spring. I am a die hard Red Sox fan, but there are a lot of questions about how well the team will really gel and hold it together through 162 games. I also PC'ed Buchholz for a number of years so I hope he has a great start and I can unload it. I just don't think the rotation (or the pen), as it stands today, will hold up for the distance. I agree that the weak AL East opens the door to the division and then crazy things can happen once you are in. But, I as much as I enjoyed yesterday, I am not feeling the season long optimism just yet (maybe it is because of how often they got my hopes up and then ripped out my heart when I was a younger man).

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I love the optimism of spring. I am a die hard Red Sox fan, but there are a lot of questions about how well the team will really gel and hold it together through 162 games. I also PC'ed Buchholz for a number of years so I hope he has a great start and I can unload it. I just don't think the rotation (or the pen), as it stands today, will hold up for the distance. I agree that the weak AL East opens the door to the division and then crazy things can happen once you are in. But, I as much as I enjoyed yesterday, I am not feeling the season long optimism just yet (maybe it is because of how often they got my hopes up and then ripped out my heart when I was a younger man).

We're on track to hit 810 home runs. How can you not be feeling the optimism?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
<looks at the calendar to make sure its april 6th>

<watching the NCAA tournament>

Yup, Hamels is done. Stick a fork in him.

(roll eyes)

Exactly. If only the season was 1 game long! The Sox would be in the playoffs!!

I'd be pretty damn nervous witha rotation of Clay / Porcello / Masterson / Miley / Kelly

No way can that rotation get through the postseason. You've got MAYBE a #2 in Clay. Two #3-4s in Porcello and Miley and two #4-5s in Masterson and Kelly.

And Porcello just got 80-90 million dollars. For a number 3 or 4 thats absurd.

Doubt the Sox even finish in the top 2. I think Orioles and Blue Jays will end up taking the division with the Rays being last and the Yanks and Sox battling for 3rd. You may have a bunch of offense, but doesn't help when your rotation is so average or even below average.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Exactly. If only the season was 1 game long! The Sox would be in the playoffs!!

I'd be pretty damn nervous witha rotation of Clay / Porcello / Masterson / Miley / Kelly

No way can that rotation get through the postseason. You've got MAYBE a #2 in Clay. Two #3-4s in Porcello and Miley and two #4-5s in Masterson and Kelly.

And Porcello just got 80-90 million dollars. For a number 3 or 4 thats absurd.

Doubt the Sox even finish in the top 2. I think Orioles and Blue Jays will end up taking the division with the Rays being last and the Yanks and Sox battling for 3rd. You may have a bunch of offense, but doesn't help when your rotation is so average or even below average.

Buchholz line yesterday: 7 IN 3 H 0 R 1 BB 9 K

Baseball is a team game. These guys are all quite even in the rotation, so they are going to feed off of each other. Watch and see.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
5-HR to start the year! This team has the potential to be the best Red Sox team of my lifetime. If Masterson and Porcello stay healthy and pitch as they can, it's gonna be a bloodbath for them, like it was today.

HanRam's slam made the day even more special. I love that he and Masterson returned. If Bogaerts can be even somewhat productive, this should be an amazing season.

I predict Sox-Nats WS, and Sox take it in 5.

Also, just wanna say: "Welcome to the Bigs," Cole. :)

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yup, this team might be even better than the 100+ win, World Series Champion, 2011 Red Sox.

Members online

Latest posts