Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

We have our first winner - TTT Community Tournament - Congratulations Zan!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
TTT seems like a good product to start with as it contains rookie, modern, retired and HOF players. While I don't think this is anyone's favorite product, it does contain a wide range of subjects and card styles.

If you are interested in participating, please PM me a scan of your submission(s). I recommend it be base (which are numbered in TTT), relic or single auto/relic. You may want to hold off on sending in plates, wood, cut, dual or triple autos, etc. as I hope to have rounds on them specifically. Unless you really want to send that in now or that is all you have...in which case, send 'em in.

Feel free to send more than one scan and I will try to put more than one tournament together.

Got an idea to make the tournaments better? PM me!

As a reminder, the rules are posted here: http://www.freedomcardboard.com/for...mmunity-Tournament-Guidelines-and-Information

Topps Triple Threads.jpg

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
3 Submissions in so far - and they look great. We can start with as few as 8, but would love more.

Keep 'em coming!
[MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] [MENTION=11017]maddux69[/MENTION] [MENTION=8688]U L Washington Rookie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2352]rickeyfanatic[/MENTION] [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION] [MENTION=8906]RStadlerASU22[/MENTION] [MENTION=12896]sierra79[/MENTION] and everyone else...

Just wanted to make sure you guys saw this thread to see if you wanted to submit.

Thanks

Last edited:

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
So there is a bracket-and cards go against cards to a vote to see what card goes to the next round and so forth till there is a winner?

Correct. I am trying to start simple. We may graduate to multi-submission, multi-round tournaments. But, this is a walk before you run round.

By my last count I need 2 more people before I can post the first bracket. I would love to get this published tomorrow!

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
[MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION] [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION][MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] [MENTION=12896]sierra79[/MENTION] [MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] [MENTION=1737]carlitoson[/MENTION]

I am waiting on one more scan and then we can start. I will randomize the list 3 times for the brackets and post it to the OP when done. I will update the title of the thread for the voting. Some of you sent more than 1 scan. Unless you tell me otherwise, I will use the first scan from your message as your submission. PM me if you want me to use a different one. There is a nice mix of autos, relics and numbered base. This should be interesting.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Once I get the scan from Lancemountain I will post the first bracket for voting. But, I did go ahead and randomize the list. Here are the results:

random.JPG

I will post a graphic of the bracket in the OP and add scans for voting soon.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
First bracket is ready for voting - [MENTION=2289]Zan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4937]alexs64[/MENTION]. Guys, free to tell people why you selected this card.

Zan
attachment.php

alexs64
attachment.php

Voting will run through Thursday April 7 at 8PM ET.

To the community, please vote in the thread and indicate which card you think should advance. The other cards will be unveiled as it is time to vote for each bracket.

Attachments

• Zan.JPG
    Zan.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 295
  • alexs64.JPG
    alexs64.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 286

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, tough choice. Both great cards!

I vote for the Greenberg card because it looks better to me (color-wise) and its rarity is close to the Ethier.
I’m not a fan of either guy or team, but I'm a military guy, so…Greenberg gets my vote.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'm going to go with Greenberg for card design (the Ethier design doesn't stand out at all to me), relics and star power. It was a close decision though. Good first round matchup.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
I vote the Greenberg because I like its design much better - the cut out of the relic is clean/crisp and the gold color pairs nicely with the bat color. The Ethier, while a 1/1, looks like a common base card.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Agree about the Greenberg, same reasoning as tidel...

Also, is there a way to make the title pop more? I didn't realize what this was at first...

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I am going with the Ethier in this one. There is no denying Greenberg's place in history or how cool the card is. He was the first Jewish sports superstar (to my knowledge), he embraced Jackie Robinson's breaking the color barrier, his war service and his personal stats really put him elite company for me. All of that being said, I just really like the clean colors and almost 3D look of the Ethier card. It is just a well designed and executed card.

Last edited:

mizzouboy

Apr 24, 2013
So glad to see this working, keep up the good work.....

I also have an idea, maybe you should start a "donation" box, for people to send in cards for the winners of these small tournaments and then a bigger prize for the winner of the main tournament?!

Or you could have each player give a donation when they join the tournament?

Just an idea, probably worthless though lol

Members online

Latest posts