Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Perez Steele collectors? I have some questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I'm looking at possibly buying a set of the Perez Steele cards (the 270+ card set) on which 103 are signed. I'm trying to determine the value of the set and trying to determine who the rarest autographs are. I don't yet have a full checklist of who is signed, but I was told the following were not signed: Cronin, Alston, Hoyt, Paige, Ruffing & Waner. From there I can kind of deduce who IS included among the signatures such as Ashburn, Greenberg, Coveleski, Puckett, etc.

My questions are:

Who are the rarest of those who could've signed these? Obviously the 6 not included in this collection are going to be pretty rare. Anyone care to take a stab at who the next 10 rarest are? eBay only tells me so much because several are not currently listed.

Also: Any guess as to what the value of such a lot might be? I know the set unsigned goes for around $800-900 and the autos of Ashburn, Greenberg, Puckett, Coveleski, DiMaggio, Koufax, Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Williams, Grimes, Newhouser, Lyons, Dickey, Leonard, Kelly, Averill, Lopez and others make it add up pretty quickly... so I'm basically trying to determine whether or not to jump on this based on the relative value of a set such as this so close to completion. I realize one can only guess until I have a full checklist of who is signed but, again, I think we can get pretty close given there are probably only 109-110 possible signatures and the lot includes 103 of them minus the 6 names mentioned above.

Thanks in advance!

Members online