Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/05/first-look-2014-topps-high-tek-baseball-cards/

Maybe I'm the last one to see the announcement of the 2014 "High" Tek November 2014 release. The High apparently refers to the price. But could also refer to one needing to be high or tripping to appreciate many of the psychedelic card designs in the otherwise familiar acetate format. Topps will also be reprising the name "diffractor" in a number of new and very colorful incarnations. They will also be salting the packs with some original Teks from 1998 to 2000. I haven't seen a checklist, but they are talking about 100 players in the base set with nine patterns each, then who knows how many other players are represented on a seemingly infinite number of special cards. I can see from a few of the samples shown that include Cal Ripken and Mariano Rivera that there will be at least some retired stars included in the release.

I like the term "salting" of packs haha

This is going to be a disaster of a release and I don't care if Belle is in it or not but I hope not. We will see.

I guess we know who has been buying up the Tek boxes lol #topps

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - you're hilarious.

---

Lol, I hope Belle isn't in the release since you don't want him to be, I'm just messing around with you, but I am still hoping Dawson is in the set

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Lol, I hope Belle isn't in the release since you don't want him to be, I'm just messing around with you, but I am still hoping Dawson is in the set
I actually don't care if Belle is or not but I'd rather him not be because I'm not a fan of this release. I doubt Dawson even sniffs the front porch of this release.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wish all these people who bought all these new boxes on eBay would crack them open and flip them on eBay or COMCs. The last four Belle patterns have to be out there somewhere.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Yes, crack them open! Bet it seems like those last 4 Belle cards seem like short prints to you. There's 5 Belle's on ebay, but all pattern #20 or less. Must be quite a few Belle collectors out there. Thome too. Only thing on ebay for Thome is the 8 diffractors for $3,999.99. There's been no Thome's on Sportlots for months. But like you say they gotta be out there somewhere...

Anybody seen or heard from Togaman? He used to have extra Tek cards for sale but I haven't seen him on here since I joined 2 months ago. :confused:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I bet he's in Cuba with Tupac

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I second this.

Actually, I think he went postal after hearing about the new TEK release coming out and 1998 being included in it as throwbacks and special inserts.

---

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Maybe he went inside his closet full of Topps Teks in an attempt to count them all and still in there. If I remember correctly, he was the one with thousands of them... Sorting to put together a complete set has to a pain in the behind for these type of sets..

Good point.Didn't he keep them all organized in binders?

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
Wish all these people who bought all these new boxes on eBay would crack them open and flip them on eBay or COMCs. The last four Belle patterns have to be out there somewhere.

WOW! Need four to complete your Belle set. I have a total of FIVE Ripken cards for 1998. That's right 5000 plus different Ripken cards and a big fat number FIVE of them are 1998 Topps Tek. Hmmmmm, I have some looking around to do.......

Members online

Latest posts