User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beckett's redemption card poll. Do you agree?

zc3009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Beckett's redemption card poll. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
    ITG does just a few hockey lines--I would hope smaller companies do them the best
    They also tried putting out a couple of baseball releases in 2010 or 2011

piledriver1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you missed a huge opportunity by not making the "do you agree" question a poll.

FWIW, UD has been fine for the 2 things I've ever had to redeem, and one of those was a 1992-93 Shaq RC, of which they printed a million, nothing fancy. Topps I think I did 2 things, one came fine, the other was a 2011 Museum Edition Joe Morgan auto, but Morgan apparently stopped signing cards that year, so they replaced it with Jay Bruce, and I was strangely comfortable with that. It's cute how they still have a team-orientation as to what they think is an appropriate replacement. No experience with the others.
    Last edited by smapdi; 11-13-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Looking for 2014 Topps Heritage Black Refractors and 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs

I collect Frank Thomas and Grady Sizemore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Panini - 4 for 4 in sending the athlete that I redeemed. Have 4 others with them that I have strong faith that the athlete redeemed will be delivered.

I disagree with topps' ranking as I'm 0 for 3 in getting the athlete/celeb I redeemed.

Mac.Schmitz
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poll is stupid in my opinion because the sample size probably hasn't opened all the options in the poll. I certainly haven't. Plus Topps is a vast majority of redemptions overall. I think a better poll would be rate Topps redemption practice on a scale from 1-10 and see where it falls out. That'd be valuable for the consumer and Topps IMO.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Belle Personal Collection: 2,501/2,803 - 89.2%

Other PC: Albert Belle Cameo | Cleveland Sports Teams | '90s Baseball Inserts | Baseball RCs | Ohio State Football

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had quite a few redemptions over the years and I would say my list would look like this..

1. Panini
    2. Leaf
    3. Upperdeck
    4. Topps

Here's my current list of pending redemptions..

Topps:
    2011 Topps Triple Threads Triple Threads Unity Single AR of Brian Wilson Pending
    2011 Topps Tier One On The Rise Autograph of Ruben Tejada Pending
    2012 Topps Platinum Football Auto Rookie Refractor Jumbo Patch of Greg Childs Pending
    2012 Finest Auto Jumbo Blue Refractor Relic Parallel of Bernard Pierce Pending
    2012 Five Star Five Star Signatures Gold Auto of Sidney Rice Pending
    2013 Topps Tier One Tier One Auto Base of Nolan Ryan Pending
    2013 Topps Tier One Autographed Prodigious Patch of Yoenis Cespedes Pending
    2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball Auto Relic Refractor of James Paxton Pending
    2013 Topps Tier One On The Rise Auto Base of Manny Machado Pending
    2013 Topps Tier One Tier One Auto Base of Nolan Ryan Pending
    2013 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleaser Auto Copper Rose Parallel of Felix Hernandez Pending
    2013 Topps Tier One Tier One Auto Copper Rose Ink Parallel of Ken Griffey Jr. Pending
    2013 Bowman Bowman Chrome Auto Prospect Refractor of Rio Ruiz Pending
    2013 Bowman Bowman Chrome Auto Prospect Base of Rio Ruiz Pending
    2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph of Lance McCullers Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation of Kyle Gibson Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Gold Refractor Parallel of Nick Franklin Pending
    2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto Purple Refractor Parallel of Cameron Gallagher Pending
    2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph of Tyler Heineman Pending
    2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph Blue Refractor Parallel of Lance McCullers Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation of Jose Fernandez Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Refractor Parallel of Oswaldo Arcia Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Gold Refractor Parallel of Yasiel Puig Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Gold Refractor Parallel of Yasiel Puig Pending
    2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Superfractor of Nick Franklin Pending

Panini:
    2012 Panini Black Rookies Gold Signatures Card #146 ( / 99) Houston Texans Jared Crick
    2012 Panini Prime Signatures Rookies Prime Signatures Card #211 ( / 199) Matt Kalil Minnesota Vikings
    2012 Panini Gridiron Rookies Signature Os Card #273 ( / 25) Green Bay Packers Nick Perry
    2012 Panini National Treasures Signature Jumbo Die-Cut Player Card #11 ( / 49) Felix Hernandez
    2012 Panini Absolute Spectrum Gold Autographs Card #188 ( / 299) Baltimore Ravens Tommy Streeter
    2012 Panini Playbook Rookie Playbook Materials Signatures Prime (die-cut 3)Card #24 ( / 25) Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Blackmon
    2013 Panini Certified Freshman Fabric Signatures Card #316 ( / 399) Justin Hunter Tennessee Titans
    2012 Panini Playbook Rookies Booklet Gold Card #199 ( / 49) Nick Foles Philadelphia Eagles
    2012 Panini Playbook Rookies Signatures Gold Card #104 ( / 49) Denver Broncos Derek Wolfe
    2012 Panini Playbook Rookie Playbook Material Signatures (die-cut 3) Card #6 ( / 99) Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks

Upperdeck:
    7/20/2013 LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 2012 SP AUTHENTIC GOLF AUTHENTIC ROOKIE SIGNATURES - LEVEL 2 CD# 110 VARIED #'ING
    Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggioBrooks755 View Post
    Topps sucks, Upper Deck sucks ect ect

Redemptions are terrible and should be illegal unless you get what they say you will get!

BTW-Whats In The Game?
    I had some great experiences with UD's redemptions.

gswescott
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Poll is stupid in my opinion because the sample size probably hasn't opened all the options in the poll. I certainly haven't. Plus Topps is a vast majority of redemptions overall. I think a better poll would be rate Topps redemption practice on a scale from 1-10 and see where it falls out. That'd be valuable for the consumer and Topps IMO.
    WINNER
    James Jones Wantlist
    2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Superfractor /1
    2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Signature Status Black /1 and Gold /5
    2010 Topps Pro Debut Gold /50 and Red /1
    2012 Topps Heritage Minors Blue /1

tigerstrength01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Beckett's redemption card poll. Do you agree?

One thing I like about Panini's is the email notice that stuff is shipped

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beckett's redemption card poll. Do you agree?

I have never been a big wax breaker, a box here or there, mostly buy singles. Having said that I have probably pulled around 20 or so Topps redemptions over the years and guess how many I actually got? One.. Every other one was replaced with a all but common GU or Auto. In fact, one time they cleared out 5 pending redemptions and sent me 5 worthless Darrin Erstad auto cards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topps used to be pretty good about redemptions. Pre 2010 they were 6/6 on getting me the exact card that I redeemed. Funny thing is that since they got the license in 2010 they are 1 out of the last 11. Coincidence or does not having a competitor not make you try as hard? I'm a small fish in a big sea, but I've gone from buying multiple boxes of every baseball product that came out in 2010, to having opened three this year, series 1 and 2 to get the base sets, and I got suckered into buying Inception which was a huge reminder as to why I don't buy boxes any more.

I'm not going to say Topps sucks, or they don't care about the customer, but each year they do things that make it harder and harder to respect them as an organization.
    Have 15 minutes to kill? Check out my site...IUjapander Cards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When that many redemptions go unfulfilled, you really have to ask if Topps really had any plans to include the card at all, or were they just bait and switch fodder...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, the companies are listed in the order of sales of the companies and the order of number of redemption cards in their products..

Flawed poll..

Ask about the redemption online experience, wait time and customer service specifically and the poll changes dramatically.. BG
    Check us out at www.leaftradingcards.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    Interesting, the companies are listed in the order of sales of the companies and the order of number of redemption cards in their products..

Flawed poll..

Ask about the redemption online experience, wait time and customer service specifically and the poll changes dramatically.. BG
    Based on what collectors have said...

Topps redemption online experience? Sucks
    Wait time? STILL WAITING
    Customer service? What's that?
    RoncalliJetsForever9096822
    Craig Biggio-1267/4624-27% Craig Biggio Card Site
    HOFer
    Derrick Brooks-222/771-29% Derrick Brooks Card Site

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post

Flawed poll..

No, no it would not really...

The glaring flaw here is that the only way to get somewhat accurate results is if everyone polled had a equal sample size with each manufacturers redemption process. People vote based on what they think/know, and that is usually based on experience. To more accurately put this poll in to perspective is that most if not all voters probably had to deal with the Topps redemption process and Topps only got 18% of the vote out of a potential ~100% that has experienced the Topps redemption process. Conversely I would assume perhaps about 10% of voters have had to use LEAFs redemption process yet LEAF still got 7% of the vote. That means the vast majority of voters who have experienced LEAFs redemption process viewed it as the best.

I would think anyone who can read between the numbers here would see this as a huge slap to Topps and major kudos to LEAF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BiggioBrooks755 View Post
    Based on what collectors have said...

Topps redemption online experience? Sucks
    Wait time? STILL WAITING
    Customer service? What's that?
    Out of curiosity, have you ever had a redemption or talked to topps customer service?
    Have 15 minutes to kill? Check out my site...IUjapander Cards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast