Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post Brian Gray Sues the Industry Summit

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/n...ndustry-summit

@Leaf

The gyst:

"Leaf claims its "banning" from the Summit was a breach of contract. A breach of contract action is, generally, an easy claim to understand. All that is required is 1) an offer, 2) acceptance and 3) consideration (i.e., payment). Here, Leaf contends 1) it was offered the opportunity to attend and have a booth at the Summit, 2) it accepted by registering and 3) it paid.

Leaf's breach of contract action is basically a, "Hey, I paid, you accepted, so I'm showing up," claim.

Open and shut? Not yet.

The reason behind Leaf's "banning" is that the Summit allegedly rebranded from an entire industry event, to a licensor/licensee event. Following from this, since Leaf is not licensed by the MLB, NFL, NHL, etc, it might not qualify as a licensee, and therefore is not a proper participant. Because of this, the Summit will allege there was never an offer to Leaf, and therefore, there could not be acceptance or consideration."

Discuss.
    Last edited by Jaypers; 01-16-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    J.P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read the article on Cardboard Connection. It sounds like "The Man" is trying to hold BG down.

I think that probably means that "The Man" is starting to take BG seriously, and is a little intimidated.

Would anyone like to speculate on the identities of "John Does 1-10"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XXXX YEA!!!
    What you collect is awesome, what i collect sucks.
    Wanted: (PSA/SGC) Playing Days Card of Honus Wagner, Walter Johnson & Cy Young, PSA Satchel Paige Rookie Card to finish my PSA Post War HOF RC Collection.

premiumprospects
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I gathered, other companies said that they wouldn't attend if Leaf does.

So, the Summit breached their contract with Leaf.

Not sure what else to make of it after that...

jimmyjam1973
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love it. Feel violated.......feel left out.....feel there is a conspiracy against you.....SUE! How many lawsuits has Leaf started/been in since inception? I know he's a board member and I'll probably get hate mail, but he needs to chill out with the law suits, and just go about his business.

On a side note, hopefully he hires Jim Adler the "TEXAS HAMMER" to represent him, he's awesome!!!!!!!
    Incoming:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BG will definitely win this lawsuit, if he can prove what type of agreement was in place. Oral contracts are much harder to prove in civil cases. There was definitely consideration on behalf of the Summit and since they accepted BG's payment, they must fulfill the promise. However, the Summit in order to protect themselves must have a disclaimer. If they did not provide one expressly, than BG has the upper hand.
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

There will be another Williams playing CF for the Yankees soon and his name is not Bernie! The future looks bright!

griffey-collector
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for him. I honestly feel they feel threatened and had to find some way to exclude him. By going "licensee" only they knew it would

griffey-collector
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The companies whether they like him or not, need to stop this high school XXXX and go about business. If you like him or not or his cards he's trying to make the hobby better. Sure it might not be pretty now but he's trying. And all anyone seems to do is XXXXX about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    http://www.cardboardconnection.com/n...ndustry-summit

@Leaf

The gyst:

"Leaf claims its "banning" from the Summit was a breach of contract. A breach of contract action is, generally, an easy claim to understand. All that is required is 1) an offer, 2) acceptance and 3) consideration (i.e., payment). Here, Leaf contends 1) it was offered the opportunity to attend and have a booth at the Summit, 2) it accepted by registering and 3) it paid.

Leaf's breach of contract action is basically a, "Hey, I paid, you accepted, so I'm showing up," claim.

Open and shut? Not yet.

The reason behind Leaf's "banning" is that the Summit allegedly rebranded from an entire industry event, to a licensor/licensee event. Following from this, since Leaf is not licensed by the MLB, NFL, NHL, etc, it might not qualify as a licensee, and therefore is not a proper participant. Because of this, the Summit will allege there was never an offer to Leaf, and therefore, there could not be acceptance or consideration."

Discuss.
    Actually, this is false.

The show IS allowing unlicensed.
    We were told specifically in writing that our "banning" was due to my speech at last years event...
    In addition, this speech and any "alleged" format changes occurred BEFORE my contract, establishing prior knowledge.
    BG

p.s.- This is only ONE OF THRE COUNTS... This goes way beyond whether I set up this year or not.
    Check us out at www.leaftradingcards.com

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    We were told specifically in writing that our "banning" was due to my speech at last years event...
    There doesn't happen to be video of this speech?
    J.P.

Mac.Schmitz
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc3 View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Belle Personal Collection: 2,502/2,803 - 89.3%

Other PC: Albert Belle Cameo | Cleveland Sports Teams | '90s Baseball Inserts | Baseball RCs | Ohio State Football

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam1973 View Post
    Gotta love it. Feel violated.......feel left out.....feel there is a conspiracy against you.....SUE! How many lawsuits has Leaf started/been in since inception? I know he's a board member and I'll probably get hate mail, but he needs to chill out with the law suits, and just go about his business.

On a side note, hopefully he hires Jim Adler the "TEXAS HAMMER" to represent him, he's awesome!!!!!!!
    So, let people F you over and take it laying down?
    Don't think so.. BG

p.s.- we did attempt 10 time to resolve without this, but as we learned more about the behind the scenes of this episode, the more we knew it had to come out.
    Check us out at www.leaftradingcards.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    There doesn't happen to be video of this speech?

It's an hour long but worth a watch.
    SIG STARTS HERE

Here are my rules for buying and selling:

1. If I buy from you I expect either a delivery confirmation number within 72 hours of the purchase or I expect the item within 10 calendar days if delivery confirmation is not used. I will no longer accept excuses on this. If you can't meet these terms, then please don't bother trying to sell me anything. I'm tired of waiting 3 or 4 weeks to get items I purchase. If I buy from you and you fail to meet these terms, I will leave negative feedback and file a Paypal claim as "item not received".

2. If you buy from me you will receive a delivery confirmation number within 48 hours of payment being received.

3. I will state when I'm paying ebay prices for something, otherwise I expect to pay a little less. I will still offer more than what you would get on ebay after fees. Any offer I make will be the "delivered" price. Any offer you give me you are welcome to charge shipping on and I can accept or decline.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support Leaf!! There products steadily have a better return than most Topps and Panini products.
    This is total BS and I will not be going to the summit this year as a result.
    Industry needs to wake up!!
    Getting rid of it ALL. Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if I have it.

Refs: Jaypers,leatherman

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast