Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Can't believe it.. Just after being inducted into the Hall of Fame and was on Raw last night!

It's just so sudden and unexpected, as death is I suppose but this is bit of different circumstance.. I mean RIGHT after being inducted into the hall of fame.

Now it would suck anyway, he is one of the greatest and an icon.. But it is especially touching after watching him say so many nice things about his daughters, mom,and even Vince. Shows the egomaniac in a different light. Wrong or right, I always respected the way he told things the way he thought they were, even if a bit offensive at times.

RIP Warrior

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
How crazy is life sometimes.

He finally got peace from wwe and is dead.

Its sad we'll never see him in his ambassador role

His promo on RAW makes a lot more sense now:

“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend markers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!”

Last edited:

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Shedding tears after finding and hearing the news. I grew up watching him and one of my favorites. He stood out from his unique promos to running down the ring, shaking the ropes, and grabbing the air feeling the energy from the crowd.

He knew his time was coming. The final three days he made his peace with everyone and gave everyone thanks and goodbye.

RIP Warrior and will forever miss you.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I was never a big fan if his, but this is completely shocking.

I was very sad to hear this.

It's like he got what he'd been wanting so bad for nearly 20 years, to be recognized unbiased, then then just went. It's like he was just waiting for this time to come.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
His 80's promos were freaking awesome. I will also NEVER forget watching him beat Hogan at WM6 when I was a kid. Shocked the hell out of me.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
His 80's promos were freaking awesome. I will also NEVER forget watching him beat Hogan at WM6 when I was a kid. Shocked the hell out of me.

Right on. It was bizarre for the time for two "faces" to square off for a title but as big as Warrior was at the time, seeing Hogan lose (as a kid growing up at the time) was as shocking as the death of Superman

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
I hate to hear this, but after seeing him leaving the ring Monday night it doesn't shock me. I couldn't help but notice then that he was having trouble breathing.

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009
As someone posted above, his speech from monday is very eerie. Its like he knew his time was coming, and he made his peace with Vince and the wwe and got enshrined into the hall of fame. After that he was ready to go and passed away. He was definitely having a hard time breathing leaving the ring Monday night.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have to tell you guys, I am not surprised at all. I looked at my wife during his promo on Monday and said to her "he looks like he is going to have a heart attack". Everything seemed very difficult for him, even just spitting out a normal sentence and as stated above, him shaking the ropes was depressing. Nonetheless, RIP Warrior, you will be missed. He was one of my favorites growing up.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I have to tell you guys, I am not surprised at all. I looked at my wife during his promo on Monday and said to her "he looks like he is going to have a heart attack". Everything seemed very difficult for him, even just spitting out a normal sentence and as stated above, him shaking the ropes was depressing. Nonetheless, RIP Warrior, you will be missed. He was one of my favorites growing up.

When he couldn't shake the ropes, I knew something was terribly wrong. I just was hoping it wouldn't mean his death 24 hours later ... still in a state of shock / disbelief.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
When he couldn't shake the ropes, I knew something was terribly wrong. I just was hoping it wouldn't mean his death 24 hours later ... still in a state of shock / disbelief.

He was also sweating profusely during his HOF speech and even commented on it.

The signs were all there but you never think something like that is going to happen

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Picked up the new warrior DVD at walmart today.

Looking forward to checking that out..it'll be cool to hear it from his perspective, the other one was still cool but was more like a burial and I don't remember if it had anything pre or post WWF. Like to see more about his days as a Bladerunner and the Dingo Warrior.. As well as a look into what he thought of his WCW run

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Yeah the doc was all I wanted. I rarely ever watch the matches when I buy these three disc sets. I have a ton of them.

I was just going to wait to watch this on Netflix whenever it was added, but decided to buy it since he died.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
For those interested in the new Warrior DVD, there is NOT a documentary on it. It's just three discs of matches with Helwig talking in between most of them.

I watched disc one today. Was disappointed. But some fun old matches.

Members online

Latest posts