Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hey uh Michael, you got some DIRT on your neck....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Pineda ejected in the 2nd inning because of pine tar on his neck. Never seen that before. Why he doesn't do a better job of hiding it I have no idea, especially after last start against us.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Dope! Heck, I'm 1/2 blind with glasses and I could see that Exxon Valdez-like accumulation! :lol:

And I am VERY disappointed that our PhotoShop experts haven't submitted some altered 2011 Bowman DPP boxes or packs for our enjoyment...:cool:

Seriously though, NO-body on his Bench didn't notice or say something to him?

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
It looked like a battle wound, lol. I know John Farrell didn't want to have to say anything about it, but Pineda didn't really give him a choice. Not to mention we want a good chance at a win against the Yankees, and this certainly helps.

Lol, I might had let him stay in after giving up two runs
That was in the first inning....when he had no [visible] pine tar on him. Second inning he had it on his neck and got 2 quick outs less than 10 pitches. It's no coincidence if you ask me...

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
He should have asked buchholz how to make it clear.
What a fool.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
All I can say is:

1. Pineda is clueless in the hiding it aspect
2. Farrell opened a can of worms now

If you think for a second Girardi won't slap down on Buchholz and Lester or anyone else, you're a bigger idiot than Pineda.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It looked like a battle wound, lol. I know John Farrell didn't want to have to say anything about it, but Pineda didn't really give him a choice. Not to mention we want a good chance at a win against the Yankees, and this certainly helps.

That was in the first inning....when he had no [visible] pine tar on him. Second inning he had it on his neck and got 2 quick outs less than 10 pitches. It's no coincidence if you ask me...

Thanks for the information, I wasn't watching the game and was just assuming that he had it on during his whole outing.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Was Pineda touching his neck in between pitches? Was there pine tar on the ball too?
If not, Pineda might have touched a bat and then scratched his neck. Unlikely, I know, but it seems too stupid too have something that obvious on your neck.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
All I can say is:

1. Pineda is clueless in the hiding it aspect
2. Farrell opened a can of worms now

If you think for a second Girardi won't slap down on Buchholz and Lester or anyone else, you're a bigger idiot than Pineda.
+1 is 100% correct. On your second point YOU are the bigger idiot if you think Buchholz or Lester will have visible pine tar on them pitching against the Yankees. You don't think Farrell will address this to them personally? And both [Lester and Buchholz] have only had 1 instance of it being visible while pitching, Pineda has had it visible every start so far this season.

It was a hickey from Arod.
Ha, well played.

Was Pineda touching his neck in between pitches? Was there pine tar on the ball too?
If not, Pineda might have touched a bat and then scratched his neck. Unlikely, I know, but it seems too stupid too have something that obvious on your neck.
Well there is no way to know how often he was touching his neck because the camera is not on him 100% of the time. But yes it was definitiely intentional for Pineda to have pine tar on his neck just for the sake that every start he has visibly had it somewhere whether on his hand or arm. Most times managers will let it slide but because the incident was made public in his last start vs. Boston, the issue had to be addressed. Pineda is pretty ballsy to think he could get away with it so visible. It's almost like he is mocking the Red Sox in saying, "Say something, I dare ya..."

Can you be suspended for being a complete *******?
Yes he will receive a suspension for this incident. For how long I can't say. It may differ depending on the severity of the infraction.

Members online

Latest posts