Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hope I don't get flamed...but Andrew NEEDS to change things up in his room for his breaks....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's just not an image sports cards needs. I find it mildly offensive.
I agree it's in poor taste, but it's tame compared to what some card businesses used to advertise.
I have tons of '80s and early '90s Sports Collectors Digests and old Tuff Stuffs featuring bikini-clad girls in ads.
Many large baseball card conventions back then even hired "booth babes" in bikinis to lure in customers.

This is just some chump using his girlfriend or wife or sister to attract more of the few hundred Youtube views he usually gets.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I agree it's in poor taste, but it's tame compared to what some card businesses used to advertise.
I have tons of '80s and early '90s Sports Collectors Digests and old Tuff Stuffs featuring bikini-clad girls in ads.
Many large baseball card conventions back then even hired "booth babes" in bikinis to lure in customers.

This is just some chump using his girlfriend or wife or sister to attract more of the few hundred Youtube views he usually gets.

Yes, and it's all distasteful. Then again, I accept that I am a prude next to most people.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I went back just to see if they knew what they were doing. I got a chuckle when I caught "Antonio....Cromar-tee, Cromar-tie?" and later "Man-tee Tie-oh" "Mon-tie T'eo!" "T'eo, Tie-oh. Same difference". The last gem I caught was "Clay Matthews" "I know him. He was in commercials".

I guess I don't get it. Sure they're attractive and have nice bodies to flaunt, but it's just a youtube video. I get booth babes and whatnot in person, but don't see why somebody would be drawn in to join a break just because a couple of girls have bikini tops on in a youtube video. Is anyone really that desperate for female interaction? I mean, I guess so since they're filling breaks, but I just don't get it.

Gimme the fat balding guy who knows the players and the hobby, so long as he doesn't get burger grease on my cards.

Reading your responses, Chris, I'm guessing you won't accept my proposal to go halvsies on your shop's rent to open the first card shop / strip club hybrid? "Singles for Girls, Dollars for Singles" makes for a catchy slogan.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
Pretty much pointless to have those girls in the video..they're just eye candy put on video for men to watch and enjoy..they are basically putting themselves out there to be treated as objects..and women wonder why men are such "pigs" and treat them with no respect..

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If I wanted eye candy, I'd look at ****.

When I watch breaks of cards, I want someone who knows what they are breaking, or at least SEEMS that way.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
It's fun to look at and all but I avoid breaks like that. Then I have to catch slack from the wife for why I'm watching bikini women and spending money on cards. She is pretty supportive of my hobby actually, but I'm sure she'd take a couple jabs if I'm in those breaks.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
That's pretty much what it looks like in my house when I open my cases, as long as I down 10 of these :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online