Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Johnny Manziel's Jersey Sales - Add Pressure on Johnny and/or Browns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Being a Cleveland Browns fan, this Johnny Football situation is just amazing. It doesn't help that I live in Dallas now and clearly Johnny has been a big name in Texas for a long time.

Anyways, the latest and greatest on Johnny Football is his jersey sales are #1 in the NFL right now! Like whoa... isn't he #3 on the depth chart?! Not to mention the haters calling for a Ryan Leaf v2 situation for him, which I strongly disagree ;)

Anyways, do you think these high jersey sales are going to add pressure to Johnny this year? Add pressure to the Browns to do something with Johnny and not sit him, essentially start him? Add to being a further distraction overall to the organization and his popularity?

I don't personally think it will but it was debated on First Take and thought I'd see what some football guys on here thought: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11246914&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I think someone made a wager with Johnny Football that if he can roll $20 bills in the bathroom, then he can have the #1 jersey. I mean, why else would someone roll up money in a bathroom?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Between the media circus, the quarterback competition, the him-hawing of his head coach, a camera in his face everywhere he goes, and scandals in public bathrooms, jersey sales are going to be at the bottom of the list of things adding pressure to him.

Leading the league in jersey sales might actually give him some added confidence (or arrogance) as opposed to pressure.

It doesn't seem like he's feeling too much pressure because he's constantly out partying. Just about every photo you see of him away from the field is in a bar or club, and he is often yucking it up with bigger celebrities and professional athletes.

Posted using Tapatalk...which probably means I'm on the crapper.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Between the media circus, the quarterback competition, the him-hawing of his head coach, a camera in his face everywhere he goes, and scandals in public bathrooms, jersey sales are going to be at the bottom of the list of things adding pressure to him.

Leading the league in jersey sales might actually give him some added confidence (or arrogance) as opposed to pressure.

It doesn't seem like he's feeling too much pressure because he's constantly out partying. Just about every photo you see of him away from the field is in a bar or club, and he is often yucking it up with bigger celebrities and professional athletes.

Posted using Tapatalk...which probably means I'm on the crapper.
Great post, totally agree. I think he might have a laundry list of other things that will get in the way of him and the team before jersey sales do. I do however think it'll add to it and not help.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
He'll end up being the most beloved Cleveland sports figure since Lofton and Belle, maybe even leBron or Thomé.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
He'll end up being the most beloved Cleveland sports figure since Lofton and Belle, maybe even leBron or Thomé.
That's a statement right there. I mean he has to become the starter IMO and it sounds like that isn't a given, right? Reminds me of Tebow to be honest... I hope it worksout personally.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
That's a statement right there. I mean he has to become the starter IMO and it sounds like that isn't a given, right? Reminds me of Tebow to be honest... I hope it worksout personally.

Yeah I think he'll be capable at least, with flashes of greatness. It really depends on him staying healthy and learning the playbook though. But he should turn out better than Tebow

tim-tebow-spin.gif

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, hope he starts to get his **** in order. Having LeBron in Cleveland might help too... maybe he can spend time with him and less time with Drake and Bieber

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts