Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2014 Panini Immaculate Baseball - releasing 9/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
It helps when you don't only collect baseball, but Topps isn't on the same planet when it comes to Panini's game-used. Topps would rather manufacture patches.

How innovative can any of them really be? When you go to your favorite restaurant, or favorite store, etc, do all of their products seem "innovative" to you? Of course not. I think they did a great job with immaculate, the designs are clean, love the game used, etc. Why do we expect Panini to do everything innovative, but let topps get away with the same boring crap that they do over and over?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Unless they start doing creepy DNA cards of everyone there's not much more they could do to add to this hobby. In my opinion Topps needs to scale back, we need more players in the card game. But until that happens it's quality, innovative and stylish card design, player selection and IMO less is more.. Topps doesn't need 10 different border parallels, stop making forced scarcity on a card..

I personally like some of what panini is doing. Yes if it had logos, this would blow anything Topps does out of the water. Same was true about national treasures and I think if you asked anyone now, that would be there choice for set of the year in retrospect

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
First off, people complaining about the airbrushing out of teams is silly. Yea, it sucked back in the day, but now it is pretty seamless. If you don't like these sets simply because of that, but still collect Topps cards and there ****** designs and crappy stickers...I don't know. It seems like a small detail to get hooked on.

This hobby needs Panini. Better: Topps needs them. Without them they are not going to get the kick in the ass they need to innovate their cards and stay relevant. I think that Topps really needs to take a hard look at the way they do things, and change. I am hoping that they see all the love people have for the heritage sets, and try to find a way to modernize that spirit and sticki it into their future base sets. Add a ton of players to the checklist...maybe a little less gloss and more simplified designs...short print some...make set collecting (and team collecting!) fun again. Make it a chase.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I was confused to see this card hit eBay today as:
-I had already searched the checklist for Immaculate a week or so ago and did not see Dunn anywhere.
-Dunn is in his Reds uniform (instead of the White Sox/A's).
-Where is the bottom right patch from? Could it be from a D-Backs or Nationals jersey? The only "Reds"jersey that comes to mind is his 2002 ASG jersey.
$_57.JPG

That is a nice dunn! the Bottom right patch is from an allstar game jersey, I have this one:

You can see the yellow jersey followed by the sleeve patch which looks to be the same on the dunn. As for what year the allstar jersey is from, looks to me like 2002 and part of the patch is the logo that was on the left sleeve of those jerseys. If I was a dunn collector I would want to own that.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
That is a nice dunn! the Bottom right patch is from an allstar game jersey, I have this one:

You can see the yellow jersey followed by the sleeve patch which looks to be the same on the dunn. As for what year the allstar jersey is from, looks to me like 2002 and part of the patch is the logo that was on the left sleeve of those jerseys. If I was a dunn collector I would want to own that.

That's an awesome Vladdy patch! I agree that the jersey type and color match along with the patch style.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
To address several of the above posts...

I have very few cards from modern topps sets.

I have vocally expressed my displeasure with the topps license monopoly for years now.

That said... Cards without logos and team names look like ****, period.

I know from hundreds of previous posts here and elsewhere that I'm not the only one who holds that opinion.

Not one of you can validly argue with the fact that these cards would look exponentially better with logos.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

I have vocally expressed my displeasure with the topps license monopoly for years now.

I know from hundreds of previous posts here and elsewhere that I'm not the only one who holds that opinion.

Not one of you can validly argue with the fact that these cards would look exponentially better with logos.

Then this isnt the set for you. It seems its doing well even though it has its critics...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Then this isnt the set for you. It seems its doing well even though it has its critics...

And all topps sets do well despite criticism and glaring oversights in production, execution, etc.

That's one of the biggest problems with this hobby.

It's like an addiction for a lot of people, so most just settle for whatever becomes available.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
And all topps sets do well despite criticism and glaring oversights in production, execution, etc.

That's one of the biggest problems with this hobby.

It's like an addiction for a lot of people, so most just settle for whatever becomes available.

Sorry, i think one of the biggest issues with the hobby is people who tell other people they are wrong for liking something that they dont feel they should.

You dont like it and many people agree with you but the fact that others dont mind the airbrush and pick the pieces they like is not addiction, its personal choice.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD

To me, it's not the lack of logos as much as it is the lack of team colors. As I Pirates collector, I'd like the cards I buy to have the Pirates colors on them, not just black and white.

I know it's not Panini's fault, but some of these cards just look silly.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
What I like about Panini is the choice of game used items (as many have said) and they seem to try to be better at the non logo/picture choices in each set.

Seeing the Trout jumbo patch pulled it has a green halo around the logo. I looked around and it looks like it is from a spring training St. Patrick's Day jersey. It may very well be Panini that purchased it from MLB auctions in April, and if so how cool is that! Panini seems MUCH more trustworthy with their GU cards in my opinion.

MLB auction sold for $6,500: http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1101001&auctionId=132472

Scan of patch:
1.jpeg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
^^^Card is SO sick... congrats Alex. I'm sure you'll get a pretty penny for it and roll it into some really nice Hernandez PC items :)

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
$6500 for a ST Jersey , wow ! Seems like multiple times what I would have thought. Great card though and if you were able to match what it came from , that's cool. Congrats

Ryan

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was the back of the Immaculate cards showed a picture of the item that was used? I thought someone said that...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was the back of the Immaculate cards showed a picture of the item that was used? I thought someone said that...

I believe just on the cleats. Not sure about the jumbo batting gloves. All other cards do specifically state game used though.

Members online