Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SOLER FLARE!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
One Major League at-bat.

One Major League swing.

One Major League homerun.

Welcome to the bigs, kid.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
If Bryant gets full season at bats next year at the big league level, will the Cubs not have the most talented set of under 25 players at the MLB level?

Castro, Baez and Bryant in the IF and Alcantara and Soler in the OF.

Jesus. Imagine the 100+ combined homers from Baez, Bryant and Soler alone for that offense.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
If Bryant gets full season at bats next year at the big league level, will the Cubs not have the most talented set of under 25 players at the MLB level?

Castro, Baez and Bryant in the IF and Alcantara and Soler in the OF.

Jesus. Imagine the 100+ combined homers from Baez, Bryant and Soler alone for that offense.

You could make it 25 and under and include Rizzo in that then as well since he just turned 25 earlier this month

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
You could make it 25 and under and include Rizzo in that then as well since he just turned 25 earlier this month

In all of this, I completely forgot about Rizzo.

Make it 25 and under for sure. Might have the most talented and powerful offense in baseball next year IF everyone lives up to their tremendous hype (looking at you Soler, Baez and Bryant).

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
I was hoping to see Soler power against the Cuban missile near the end of the game. Baez just missed hitting a 3 run bomb off him in the 9th, for the last out.

Dpendola

Apr 16, 2013
Cubs will never make it...the curse of the goat will lives on...haha I'm just kidding I'm hoping they can pull it together for at least one season, I'm a Giants fan but the Cubs definitely deserve it.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Lulz, If it wasn't for your user name I'd figure you were a White Sox or Cardinals fan the way you bash the Cubs all the time.

I actually grew up a Cubs fan in the 80's since WGN was one of 2 stations I could watch a game on as a kid (the other was TBS and the Braves). I just don't think any of the three players (Baez, Soler, Bryant) deserve the hype they receive as all three have significant flaws in their game. Baez especially. I really don't like the trend MLB is going towards with all the free swingers coming up through the minors.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I'm actually optimistic for the first time in five years.

attachment.php

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
And the 400+ strikeouts!

Do they even matter any more?

Mike trout has 146 strikeouts in 501 At bats. Has that even been mentioned this year?

Giancarlo Stanton has 155 strikeouts in 489 at bats.

THESE ARE NOT ROOKIES and the best players in the game. So who gives a crud about strikeouts any more?

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
The Red Sox did it

They had 4 starters average over a strikeout per game led by Napoli with 187.

The A's, on the other hand, only have one guy on a strikeout per game or higher pace.

Boston had the 8th most strikeouts in all of baseball last year, Oakland currently has the 2nd lowest.

These teams are completely different in that regard, so, no, the Red Sox didn't do it.

Members online