Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL MVP voting if the season ended today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
AL MVP seems like it will be a 2-horse race with Trout and Abreu.

What do you think the NL will look like. Kershaw has to get some attention, but there are many who believe that a pitcher should never win MVP. Many of the guys who were in the discussion earlier in the season are now injured, like Goldschmidt and Tulowitzki.

McCutchen has been out for some time but it looks like he is back and doing ok despite being less than 100% healthy. It will be interesting to see if voters are willing to vote for him 2 years in a row. He's been an excellent player, but has not put up huge numbers either season.

Meanwhile Stanton has been great all season, but the Marlins aren't all that likely to be in the race the last few weeks.

Jonathan Lucroy has been really impressive for the Brewers this season as well.

My vote as of today:

1. Kershaw
2. Stanton
3. McCutchen
4. Lucroy
5. Cueto

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
351cr52.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I think if the Hank Aaron award was looked at on the same level as the CY Young award nobody would care if the winner of the MVP was a hitter or pitcher. But sadly it's not, so a lot of people view the MVP as an offensive award.

A little test

Without looking, who won the the last two years of CY young awards in both leagues?

Now who won the last two years of Hank Aaron awards in both leagues?

What were your results?

I knew for certain 3 of the 4 CY Young winners. Can't believe I forgot the 4th one.

I only guessed 1 of the Hank Aaron award winners.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Kershaw. If it has to be a position player, Adrian Gonzalez for the steady rock leadership he has given the dodgers or maybe Matt Kemp for his performance after the all-star break.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I know the thread is titled with "today", but with all this Lucroy talk, lets not forget about Posey!

Hitting .302 w/ 19 HR and 75 RBI and is leading the Giants on a tear right now. But I still think Kershaw and Stanton have an edge on him

Latest posts