Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Very classy Boston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I missed the NESN video tribute the Sox put on their big scoreboard but heard it was great. Would love to see it if anyone can find a link. It was just before the video I posted from what I heard.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
When did sports become all about celebrating the opponent? I love the sportsmanship, don't get me wrong. But the year long SLURPING of Jeter, by each opponent, espn tv, espn radio, every other sports station, every magazine, newspaper, etc. It has become like Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow, so over the top that I have come to despise the guy. Can we please please please discuss something, anything else?

Again, not trying to take away from the good sportsmanship of the Red Sox, that wasn't the point of my post.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
This is different. This is Jeter in baseball's largest market. Its odd to me a little too as I don't remember many players a lot better than Derek who were on their final season getting this type of attention.

I'm not a Jeter-hater, but I don't remember Gwynn, Brett, Ripken or any of the one-team stars seeing this treatment.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I liked the standing ovation as he was leaving the field, like Florida fans did for Clemens in the World Series in what at the time was thought to be his last appearance, and what fans do when a visiting pitcher throws a no-hitter or perfect game. Just wait until after the game, or after the player has been removed from the game. I don't care much for the cheers when he comes to bat, especially as he gets an RBI single (unless there was just far more Yankees fans in attendance than I thought and they were the ones cheering). I thought the same thing last year when Rivera came out to the mound to cheers in Boston, or when fans start cheering for a no-hitter against their team when it gets to the later innings.

Members online

Latest posts