Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nice hits... At the Dollar Tree??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
So Dollar Tree often offers brand name packs that do not come with anything but base and various 5/20/30 card repacks with various brands and years.. Which usually only offers base and some inserts of all types of cards from late 70s to now.

Today I saw a bunch of the 5 packs, which I usually pass on but the first card showing on about 15 of them were 2013 Topps Walmart blue border parallels so I was like welllll ok that's kinda cool.

Well while I was opening them I was a bit shocked to also find a Dustin Pedroia 2014 Topps Heritage Chrome Black Refractor /65 and a Cal Ripken Jr. 2000 Gold Collecibles 23kt Gold Game Used Bat /1000

These are better hits than I've gotten lately buying packs lol they're not huge but really good for me and I was shocked to see this come out of both a repack AND a dollar store

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
I hit this at a Dollar Tree - probably spent what it was worth over the next few months trying to get another hit. I haven't bought another pack there since then :benson:

LeBron.jpg

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
I know I probably can't recreate the magic but I'm gonna go back and pick up some more and see what I get.

Other stuff wasn't so amazing but a lot of 2012-14 inserts.. Mostly minis and heritage, did get a Ripken insert though. Not great, but actually made it worth it which is a change of pace for these usually.

I always grab a few packs when I go which is pretty often, before the only thing to get excited about was the occasional Chrome I didn't have, a few cards from oddball sets, and in one batch there was a lot of Upper Deck Special F/X. I don't remember what year it was but I think it was 2007. Got a couple Press Pass racing GU's and some Power Player cards too.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I went and picked up a few of these today, and got something I have never seen or heard of before. They're from 2006 Topps, some kind of Wal-Mart exclusive ROY Exchange contest. According to the card back, there was one entry in each WM factory set, and the card of the AL and NL ROY could be sent in for an autographed version. I didn't get anyone great (Martin Prado, Shawn Marcum, Matt Smith and Ben Johnson), but it is neat to discover something unknown (at least to me) in some Dollar Tree card packs.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Wow, I always thought those DT packs were put together and sold by Dealers so they could get rid of their base cards. I had no idea they had ANY-thing of Value in them.

Great finds all!

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
I went and picked up a few of these today, and got something I have never seen or heard of before. They're from 2006 Topps, some kind of Wal-Mart exclusive ROY Exchange contest. According to the card back, there was one entry in each WM factory set, and the card of the AL and NL ROY could be sent in for an autographed version. I didn't get anyone great (Martin Prado, Shawn Marcum, Matt Smith and Ben Johnson), but it is neat to discover something unknown (at least to me) in some Dollar Tree card packs.

Here is Justin Verlander that I redeemed from that set.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Picked up the rest they had today, probably about 25 or so but luck didn't quite repeat itself. About 20% base I have, 60% base I don't, and 20% inserts and parallels. Only thing of note I got was a Bowman Chrome Green Refractor of Giancarlo Stanton, I forgot which year.

Even with that, I think it's impressive for a DT repack.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA

I remember those. I'm pretty sure my Set had a Cubs pitcher. I don't remember who though.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I'm going to check mine out tomorrow. I haven't been there in a while.

Last time I was there, they had these re-packs. I guess if you bought 5 of them, sent the wrappers in, and paid S&H, they'd send you an autographed card in return. I was going to try it out.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
I'm going to check mine out tomorrow. I haven't been there in a while.

Last time I was there, they had these re-packs. I guess if you bought 5 of them, sent the wrappers in, and paid S&H, they'd send you an autographed card in return. I was going to try it out.

I know the ones you are talking about, I have tons of those wrappers because I wanted to try it out too, just never got around to it. I find some cool (base) cards in there sometimes, some interesting sets here and there. But atleast they have like 30 cards.

Members online