Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

why is utley in blue?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Why is Utley in blue??????
_57_zpsc97ac7fc.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
no they cant but the phillies never had a blue batting helmet.....

they have a blue batting helmet with red brim, so airbrush out the phillies logo and make the red brim blue. That also should help Panini out because if Panini would keep the photo a blue airbrushed helmet with red brim, the phillies or MLBP might find a way to state the batting helmet color combo is trademarked and Panini violated the trademark.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
they have a blue batting helmet with red brim, so airbrush out the phillies logo and make the red brim blue. That also should help Panini out because if Panini would keep the photo a blue airbrushed helmet with red brim, the phillies or MLBP might find a way to state the batting helmet color combo is trademarked and Panini violated the trademark.

Thats true. I can see that. Its just odd they made his under shirt blue and even his belt blue. Everything went blue. I thought they figured he went to the mets. lol

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Thats true. I can see that. Its just odd they made his under shirt blue and even his belt blue. Everything went blue. I thought they figured he went to the mets. lol
Looks like the Photoshopper went a little overboard, probably letting his OCD or artistic side take over, trying to match colors instead of being realistic.
It's one of the many annoyances of non-licensed cards.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Looks like the Photoshopper went a little overboard, probably letting his OCD or artistic side take over, trying to match colors instead of being realistic.
It's one of the many annoyances of non-licensed cards.

You got that right. I dont care if the logo is on there or not. Doesnt bother me. heck some cards from tops with the shot you dont see the logo. Also i grew up collecting 1980 football toops and they didnt have the logos too. But like you said this guy went nuts.

Latest posts