Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF Patch Collectors: would you consider this a Prime Gehrig pants patch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I bought this one about two years ago now and was just curious how you'd feel - would you consider this a real Gehrig prime patch? I know it wouldn't go for what the jersey prime patches go for obviously, but I think it's cool nonetheless. Paid $275 - numbered out of 9. It is worth noting that it is not just additional stitching, it actually looks like a separate piece of cloth when you examine the card it could be from the tag or what have you.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks guys, this set is a little unique because the "prime" patch cards are really hit or miss; some are really nice prime patches and some are just plain relic pieces. Either way a Ruth numbered to 9 is worth a lot and if it's a pants multicolor patch it's worth quadruple at least what you paid - do you mind sending me a scan of that by the way?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I would not consider it a prime Gehrig pants patch but it is, lol. I would only consider the tagging, stitching (as in players name or size of pants, Ect) and Buttons on the pants prime.

I have yet to see a Gehrig pants patch that has stitching or button most have look like yours or worse as far as pants prime. Infact yours is one of the better "Pants primes" that I have seen with the the fold over.

Here are the 2 I have that I also do not consider pants prime but again they are, lol

A_Pharis

I would not consider it a prime Gehrig pants patch but it is, lol. I would only consider the tagging, stitching (as in players name or size of pants, Ect) and Buttons on the pants prime.

I have yet to see a Gehrig pants patch that has stitching or button most have look like yours or worse as far as pants prime. Infact yours is one of the better "Pants primes" that I have seen with the the fold over.

Here are the 2 I have that I also do not consider pants prime but again they are, lol

Love 'em both.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Those are awesome! I agree though - the jersey Gehrig patches are on another level, I wouldn't be satisfied until I had one of those.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Those are awesome! I agree though - the jersey Gehrig patches are on another level, I wouldn't be satisfied until I had one of those.

Very true but even on pants they have tags and a couple of buttons which would be just awsome as the jersey patch. Hard to be picky when talking about anything gehrig, lol

Sent from my hof motorola phone

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Agreed, Gehrig & Ruth for me will likely be the last two prime patches that I acquire from the list as I still have quite a few HOFers that I'd like to either add or upgrade but I'm happy with this Gehrig for now as well. I'm finishing up a deal but I have a lot of prime stuff coming in - can't wait to show it off :)

Very true but even on pants they have tags and a couple of buttons which would be just awsome as the jersey patch. Hard to be picky when talking about anything gehrig, lol

Sent from my hof motorola phone

Members online

Latest posts