Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Never say Never: 2 box break of Leaf Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Hell hath frozen over.

After being on an 5 year Leaf sabbatical, I figured what the hell. I wanted to try to pull an Aaron Nola or Matt Imhof card - since this is their first non-USA card (Imhof).

First box:

and...

These cards are nice.

Byron Buxton Superfractor 1/1
Francellis Montas Purple /25
Chris Betts PG Blue /25
Kyle Schwarber
Jake Stinett
Teoscar Hernandez
Derek Hill

Box #2 . . . another 1/1.

Kyle Tucker Printing Plate 1/1
Luis Ortiz
MATT IMHOF!
Mike Papi
Teoscar Hernandez Blue /50
Kyle Dean PG Blue /25
Daniel Reyes PG Purple /10

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
They're nice cards... BUT...

1) They're going to drop tremendously when Chrome comes out in 6 weeks.
2) They look a lot like 2013 Metal.
3) I don't like the idea of putting the kid's signing bonus on the back. The back is for batting and pitching stats, not how much money the kid signed for. Or a QR code.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff,

Glad you had great boxes.... here is feedback to your thoughts....

1> Value: Leaf is an extreme value proposition.... we give you 7 autographs for what Topps charges you for 1-2 autos.... Of course they will sell cheaper!!!! BUT, dollar for dollar, your return on Leaf Metal will exceed Bowman Draft on a multi-case break level.

2> The cards have a vastly different design from 2014 vs. 2013. The design is exactly the same as football (which is by design).

3> The reason for listing the bonus is to add color to the quality of the prospect. Bonus size is often a direct correlation to quality of prospect (and often explains why a 2nd or third rounder is a more elite prospect than a 1st rounder)

BG

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Glad you called it a superfractor and not prismatic. I buy Leaf products but still find it sad that they had to flat out copy Topps' 1/1 instead of creating something unique and building their own image.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Glad you called it a superfractor and not prismatic. I buy Leaf products but still find it sad that they had to flat out copy Topps' 1/1 instead of creating something unique and building their own image.

Or call it "Gold Small Engine Turn" fractor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts