Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manager Joe Maddon Opts Out of His Contract w/Rays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
First Friedman, now him. It's an exodus.

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
Sources: Manager Joe Maddon has exercised an opt-out clause in his contract and is leaving the Tampa Bay Rays immediately.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Maybe he will go back to where he started, the Angels. They need a real MGR.

Dodgers can have sosh.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just the first step that needed to be taken before he ends up with the Dodgers.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
early word: maddon not considering LA an option at all. he understands friedman is committed to mattingly.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
So team wins 98 games and fires manager?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dodgers won a lot of games and made the playoffs, why didn't you ask everyone pointing to them. Sosh has needed to be gone for years.
Sosh failed as much as Mattingly did.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Do the Yankees still need a batting coach?

Calling Donnie Baseball (assuming he gets canned obviously).

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Do you guys really expect the Dodgers to come out say anything different right now? I still say he ends up with the Dodgers. Might go work for Baseball Tonight or Baseball Network for a year, but he will end up there.

Interesting, if Maddon goes to the west coast I would not be shocked if Angels pitching coach Mike Butcher follows him there. Butcher went to Tampa the first year with Maddon, but it was too far away from his family in Arizona and returned to Anaheim after one season.

WaxPax

...."He added that he was unaware of a clause in his contract that allowed him to opt out if Friedman left the team, and it was new Rays president of baseball ops Matthew Silverman who told Maddon of the clause."

Surprisingly Maddon nor his agent was unaware of this clause? So Silverman's first act as new head of baseball ops is to lose his manager.... Yea the Rays will be just fine (sarcasm)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Only two clubs currently are without managers, the Rays and Twins. The Twins will give a look, however I think Maddon will come at too steep of a price for the penny pinchers in MN are willing to pay which is unfortunate.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[MENTION=1770]Jaypers[/MENTION]413. Will you still follow the Rays if they move to Montreal?

Guess you hadn't heard. I stopped following them (and being a fan of theirs) ever since the Price trade.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts