Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Authors. Writers. Literary Figures.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRM

Feb 18, 2012
So a while ago I traded Maine Mule something (don't remember) for a Stones Into Schools book signed by Greg Mortenson. He's one of my heroes...Mortenson, not Mule (but, he's cool too). Yesterday...found another Stones into Schools signed copy...lol. Can't hurt to have dupes, I guess! It cost me a whopping 25 cents. A steal!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
So a while ago I traded Maine Mule something (don't remember) for a Stones Into Schools book signed by Greg Mortenson. He's one of my heroes...Mortenson, not Mule (but, he's cool too). Yesterday...found another Stones into Schools signed copy...lol. Can't hurt to have dupes, I guess! It cost me a whopping 25 cents. A steal!

.....nice, now you can wheel-and-deal again!! I think you sent me an Emeril and Jane Fonda for the Mortenson.

My .79 find which I posted last week in the sports thrift post is-

"Found a signed Reggie White biography today "In the Trenches," for $.79 at my local SA. Also signed by two others- Gary Bauer and Fred Barnes, both right-wing pro-lifers. Guessing they were all at a religious event.

Dust jacket not in great shape but Reggie's auto is in bold black sharpie."

Also got a bunch of others later in the weekend-

2 William S. Cohen's- LOve in Black and White, Dragon Fire
Linda Greenlaw, All Fisherman are Liars
Howie Carr- Hitman
Art Buchwald- Leaving Home
Tom Brokaw- Boom
Carl Hiassen- Sick Puppy
Helen Gurley Brown- The Late Show

No huge names but some that are deceased and somewhat famous

JRM

Feb 18, 2012
Oh man, that Hiassen would be awesome. Let me know if you want to part with it. Also, the Reggie White...that's a real find at .79 cents man! Nice work. I'm going hunting again tomorrow...I hope to find something decent.

Oh yeah, I did find a Lou Holtz last week along with a Robert Harris and another Oliver North. So...the hunt continues. Got much to trade, Mule. Will post a big trade list sometime real soon, so stay tuned!

Hope you are doing well!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Oh man, that Hiassen would be awesome. Let me know if you want to part with it. Also, the Reggie White...that's a real find at .79 cents man! Nice work. I'm going hunting again tomorrow...I hope to find something decent.

Oh yeah, I did find a Lou Holtz last week along with a Robert Harris and another Oliver North. So...the hunt continues. Got much to trade, Mule. Will post a big trade list sometime real soon, so stay tuned!

Hope you are doing well!

All is great up north- not all that thrilled with the Lester trade but guessing it pales to how you feel about losing Price.

I'll have to see what I have for doubles as well. The Hiassen is a real sloppy signature compared to his full signature.

I really need to take a full inventory of my signed books. That will probably be a winter project. I'll keep in touch.

JRM

Feb 18, 2012
I can't even think about the Price deal without wanting to vomit. Friedman, the GM, is normally so bright. But, I think he freaked out as the deadline drew near and took any old **** deal that he could find. Not that Smyly and Franklin are necessarily bad guys or players...they just aren't the studs we were hoping for. Hell, at one point during the season the experts were saying the Rays could get a Tavares or a Joc Pederson for Price. Sigh.

The Sox just completely reversed what the team needed. First half of the season: Can pitch but can't hit. Second half: New players that can hit, traded all the pitching. I'm not really sure what they were thinking with Lester, but at least they got Cespedes for him...that dude can smash the ball.

The O's are the best team in the division...I hate that so much.

We'll chat about books very soon!

All is great up north- not all that thrilled with the Lester trade but guessing it pales to how you feel about losing Price.

I'll have to see what I have for doubles as well. The Hiassen is a real sloppy signature compared to his full signature.

I really need to take a full inventory of my signed books. That will probably be a winter project. I'll keep in touch.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
My scores from last 2 weeks include books signed by Paula Poundstone, Hank Aaron, Anthony Bourdain, Pat Conroy, Glenn Beck, Robert Parker and I believe author of Beatles bio "Can't buy me love" Robert Gould. Cannot find any examples of this last signature.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Forgot to post this...
Picked it up from the man himself at the event I volunteer at

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1408396397.779970.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1408396431.171961.jpg

The printing on top was done by his wife Dot, the script was Mr. Jim Coates himself

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
3 today- 2 doubles.......doubles are The Lobster Chronicles by Linda Greenlaw and Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken. New book Mike Singletary One-On-One.

JRM

Feb 18, 2012
I see that Singletary book in the 'religious' section of the used bookstore all the time...I always check to see if they are signed (it's a compulsion). He was a beast.

Good finds, man.

BTW: Just found another copy signed by Jimmy Carter (my third)...so, that's cool I suppose.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I haven't had the energy as of late to look for books, but I found a couple over the past few months.

Common Ground - Cal Thomas and Bob Beckel

Blues For All The Changes - Nikki Giovanni (look her up, she's quite the interesting person)

Also found one signed by Sean Hannity, but I think it's hiding from me.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1414267582.869572.jpg
BAM!!!

Oh wait...

Is that not the big one?

So maybe it's this one?

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1414267613.724277.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1414267634.081473.jpg
BAM!
I wish it wasn't personalized to David...but hey, I'll take it!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Gordie Howe...very nice!

I usually grab books from jobs, at the very least I can trade them into my used book store and get a credit so I can buy used books for $2 instead of $3, but I always check them before I trade them in....glad I do sometimes :)

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Been a while since I had a signed book score. Found 7 at a local Goodwill over weekend:

Jackie Collins, Garrison Keillor, Scott Brown, Julie Garwood, William Cohen, Cindy Blodgett, Al Gore (2nd VP signed book that I have found).