Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

09 Ultimate Collection Roberto Clemente Patch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
steve-a-reno said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2pv1vnw2][quote="steve-a-reno":2pv1vnw2][quote="A_Pharis":2pv1vnw2]Here's a question. If you owned both of those, would you consider sending them to Mike to put them together into one custom card? If it were going to be a PC item, I' know I'd do it. I'd get him to put it into a 5x7 with a nice image on the side. Frame that sucker.

NEVER....[/quote:2pv1vnw2]

Why? I can see not wanting to cut up signed items, but as long as the swatches stay full size then you aren't damaging them.[/quote:2pv1vnw2]

Just no way I'd do it. Personal preference is all. I collect cards not 5x7's. :D[/quote:2pv1vnw2]
100% agree with that it would be the worst idea to do that sorry A_pharis

A_Pharis

Dpanthers14 said:
steve-a-reno said:
[quote="A_Pharis":34gk9epk][quote="steve-a-reno":34gk9epk][quote="A_Pharis":34gk9epk]Here's a question. If you owned both of those, would you consider sending them to Mike to put them together into one custom card? If it were going to be a PC item, I' know I'd do it. I'd get him to put it into a 5x7 with a nice image on the side. Frame that sucker.

NEVER....

Why? I can see not wanting to cut up signed items, but as long as the swatches stay full size then you aren't damaging them.[/quote:34gk9epk]

Just no way I'd do it. Personal preference is all. I collect cards not 5x7's. :D[/quote:34gk9epk]
100% agree with that it would be the worst idea to do that sorry A_pharis[/quote:34gk9epk]

No need to be sorry. I see it both ways. I, personally, would never cut up a check... but I know people that would. To each their own.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":38twpvyy][quote="A_Pharis":38twpvyy]Here's a question. If you owned both of those, would you consider sending them to Mike to put them together into one custom card? If it were going to be a PC item, I' know I'd do it. I'd get him to put it into a 5x7 with a nice image on the side. Frame that sucker.

NEVER....[/quote:38twpvyy]

Why? I can see not wanting to cut up signed items, but as long as the swatches stay full size then you aren't damaging them.[/quote:38twpvyy]

Custom cut autos are fine. They can be authenticated by JSA.

But game used? There's no proof of authenticity when selling a custom gu card. For PC, a 5x7 full letter cabinet card would be bad ass. But if you ever had to sell it, you'd have no proof it's real

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JoshHamilton said:
A_Pharis said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":xpkrv1uf][quote="A_Pharis":xpkrv1uf]Here's a question. If you owned both of those, would you consider sending them to Mike to put them together into one custom card? If it were going to be a PC item, I' know I'd do it. I'd get him to put it into a 5x7 with a nice image on the side. Frame that sucker.

NEVER....

Why? I can see not wanting to cut up signed items, but as long as the swatches stay full size then you aren't damaging them.[/quote:xpkrv1uf]

But game used? There's no proof of authenticity when selling a custom gu card. For PC, a 5x7 full letter cabinet card would be bad ass. But if you ever had to sell it, you'd have no proof it's real[/quote:xpkrv1uf]

Yup, you eliminate the possibility of ever selling in the future. At some point, due to whatever conditions, someone might need to raise funds, and with such a high valued card like the Clemente, it isn't worth it to damage it. If they were low end cards, of course. But those two cards bring in what, 1K+ combined? Gotta have some sort of safety blanket, and these would work

insdeck09

Aug 10, 2010
Jersey Shore
mredsox89 said:
JoshHamilton said:
A_Pharis said:
[quote="steve-a-reno":9hqjx9oy][quote="A_Pharis":9hqjx9oy]Here's a question. If you owned both of those, would you consider sending them to Mike to put them together into one custom card? If it were going to be a PC item, I' know I'd do it. I'd get him to put it into a 5x7 with a nice image on the side. Frame that sucker.

NEVER....

Why? I can see not wanting to cut up signed items, but as long as the swatches stay full size then you aren't damaging them.

But game used? There's no proof of authenticity when selling a custom gu card. For PC, a 5x7 full letter cabinet card would be bad ass. But if you ever had to sell it, you'd have no proof it's real[/quote:9hqjx9oy]

Yup, you eliminate the possibility of ever selling in the future. At some point, due to whatever conditions, someone might need to raise funds, and with such a high valued card like the Clemente, it isn't worth it to damage it. If they were low end cards, of course. But those two cards bring in what, 1K+ combined? Gotta have some sort of safety blanket, and these would work[/quote:9hqjx9oy]

They are more like over 1k EACH...a basic 3 color stripe for 1k cleared...figure 1.3k to 1.5k, i haven't had a lower offer then 1200 for mine (34/35) pictured in the beginning of the thread....and i would never ever ever cut it out...that's a big no no...it would become instantly worthless

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
Well here it is! THANK YOU insdeck09! Thanks for the SUPER fast service and easy communication!

Clemente.jpg

Also, thanks 2wrigley for the photoshop!! It helped a lot!

insdeck09

Aug 10, 2010
Jersey Shore
95vr4 said:
Well here it is! THANK YOU insdeck09! Thanks for the SUPER fast service and easy communication!

Clemente.jpg

Also, thanks 2wrigley for the photoshop!! It helped a lot!

no problem...thanks to you as well...i hope you'll be able to complete the set...it's gonna be sick!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts