Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Member to watch out for: Oriolesfan0271

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Guy's name is Tory Hermens. I believe he was just banned from this site. I was the third negative transaction he had within a small time frame. We agreed on X amount of cards of a certain player and he shorted my 4 cards (totaling $32) and when I contacted him about it he said it was a mistake and he would send the other 4 cards out right away with DC.

Two weeks went by and still no cards so I asked him for DC and he said he had shipped the cards, misplaced the DC, would find it and get back to me, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Another week goes by and I ask him for DC and he said he couldn't find it and he would refund me the $32 right away. I left him my paypal address.

Another couple weeks go by and no refund. I tell him I'm getting a little impatient and would like a refund, no response. Try again a week later after I saw he had logged in and no response.

Go to open a claim (I thought I had 90 days - doh!) and it turns out you only have 60 days. My fault there. Lesson learned.

Anyway, just a heads up for anyone that might deal with him on other sites, his name is posted and his paypal email is Tory.Hermens@xxxxxxx.***, so he should be easy to spot.

Don't deal with this guy, it appears I'm not his only "victim"

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I dealt with Tory many times on Beckett 2 years or so back and considered him one of my first "friends" in the card community, but he had a bunch of deals go bad there and disappeared, his ID was tdh060708. He reestablished contact with me here on FCB last year and then again on Blowout a few months back and we almost worked out a trade but couldn't agree on one. Call it blind loyalty, but I'd still trade with him. He isn't a bad guy, just gets overextended and doesn't keep up with his crap, and instead of manning up and admitting he screwed up, he puts people off by making stuff up and gets further and further behind, gets overwhelmed and then gives up. It may make me look dumb, but I honestly don't think he ever intends to steal from anyone. I hope he reads this, realizes its coming from a friend, and fixes the personality/organization flaw that he has, because he really is a likeable guy, and I don't like many people.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
You were on Beckett back when he had issues

I can understand wanting to be loyal to a friend. I can also understand where one has a rough patch in their life and cannot live up to expectations during that time - I've certainly been there. But there is a clear track record covering a span of years that just is inexcusable. I contacted a mod on here thinking I was the first person who was taking advantage of but clearly there is a span of time with repeated scams that have taken place and it's about time people just wise up and not deal with this guy.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I had a pending deal with him, but that is all on hold for now. I wanted to see what he has to say about this post and the other on Blowout.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I had a pending deal with him, but that is all on hold for now. I wanted to see what he has to say about this post and the other on Blowout.

The issue on Blowout was nearly a year ago, someone just topped it because they saw him making threads. Tory got a negative and the buyer got his money back, no reason to break a deal with him for that, hrs had a lot of successful deals since then. Make him send first if it's a trade or pay with Paypal goods and it'll be fine. He knows he messed up and that there will be repercussions, such as sending first

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The issue on Blowout was nearly a year ago, someone just topped it because they saw him making threads. Tory got a negative and the buyer got his money back, no reason to break a deal with him for that, hrs had a lot of successful deals since then. Make him send first if it's a trade or pay with Paypal goods and it'll be fine. He knows he messed up and that there will be repercussions, such as sending first

Yeah ignore everything that was posted here and DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY. This guy has a track record of ripping people off.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Well, he and I have agreed that he will send the cards first. I am not worried. If the cards dont show then I lose nothing. If he comes through then I will gladly make payment.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I get the principal angle, but if he has cards you want at prices you like and is removing all risk by sending first, you're only punishing yourself by backing out. He's gonna find someone to sell them too, and you'll jus have to go find someone else to buy them from. I wish it was my job to go around distributing justice, but it isn't, so I've accepted it and moved on.

Members online

Latest posts