Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Man - Billy Hamilton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
Stopped at Tom Frantzen's shop in Minnesota today to get a couple packs of Jumbo Update to try my hand at getting one of those nice patches. He says that his Bowman Chrome just came in. So I get two packs of Jumbo (Pulled a Felix Doubront Silk Collection) instead of three and opt for three packs of Bowman Chrome.

I grab three packs another customer busts the rest of the box. They tell me that he did pull the auto and I was still looking at my Jumbo. I knew I had the auto.

First Pack

Billy Hamilton Orange Refractor Auto 22/25

It's going on eBay, any suggestions if I should run an auction or BIN since it will be the first one to hit?

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Frantzen's store has been the kindest of any in the metro to me - my three best pulls ever came from his shop. Congrats on hitting such a nice card, and good luck with your sale, no matter which route you decide to go!

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I haven't been buying much in the last year but I think I've gotten three of my top five hits in my lifetime this year. Makes up for all those years pulling crap (though I still had fun pulling the crap too)

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
The best was after the auction ended I got the following message:

YOU listed this 19 minutes after i listed one.
really wont help us much. just sayin
- boomo2

*Answer: I had no problem with you taking yours off.

you are a moron.
- boomo2

*Answer: You're such a baby, you want to be the only one and have me wait until there are three others. Stop your crying and be a man.

go kill yourself
- boomo2

*Answer: Best part I pulled the Hamilton and I've only opened three packs total of this product. Have a great day.

cus you are a loser with no money.
i get to open dozens of cases.
loser
- boomo2

*Answer: Got $40 more than you for the Hamilton :)

you probably shilled it.
doesnt matter, your an idiot.
get a clue someday and come play
with the big boys.
and sigh, i noticed your a girl, now i feel bad.
- boomo2

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The best was after the auction ended I got the following message:

YOU listed this 19 minutes after i listed one.
really wont help us much. just sayin
- boomo2

*Answer: I had no problem with you taking yours off.

you are a moron.
- boomo2

*Answer: You're such a baby, you want to be the only one and have me wait until there are three others. Stop your crying and be a man.

go kill yourself
- boomo2

*Answer: Best part I pulled the Hamilton and I've only opened three packs total of this product. Have a great day.

cus you are a loser with no money.
i get to open dozens of cases.
loser
- boomo2

*Answer: Got $40 more than you for the Hamilton :)

you probably shilled it.
doesnt matter, your an idiot.
get a clue someday and come play
with the big boys.
and sigh, i noticed your a girl, now i feel bad.
- boomo2

Wait....what? Is that our boomo? Was he messaging you or were you selling through him?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
happens all the time. oh well.

And to the OP i would not have removed my card either. I love how peoples true personality comes out through private messages/emails when they dont think anyone else is going to see them.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
TwinGnats - while the wording of his responses was typically boomolike (which I take issue with), the fact is, he was civil until you basically instructed him to be the one to pull his down when it was listed before yours was. He was also correct in that when two such rare cards end in such close proximity to each other, it can detract from its' ending price. You also tried to throw fuel onto the fire with your "three packs" response.

Couldn't you simply have ended it early, re-listed it and scheduled it to end on a different day?

My .02.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
TwinGnats - while the wording of his responses was typically boomolike (which I take issue with), the fact is, he was civil until you basically instructed him to be the one to pull his down when it was listed before yours was. He was also correct in that when two such rare cards end in such close proximity to each other, it can detract from its' ending price. You also tried to throw fuel onto the fire with your "three packs" response.

Couldn't you simply have ended it early, re-listed it and scheduled it to end on a different day?

My .02.

The escalation was all boomo.

I don't get my way so now I will throw a fit.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD

My .02.

Why should she be inconvenienced?

He could of easily just not sent a message and do what you instructed, if it was such a big deal

My favorite is that she "threw fuel on the fire" after he called her a moron and told her to kill herself. Really?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Why should she be inconvenienced?

He could of easily just not sent a message and do what you instructed, if it was such a big deal

My favorite is that she "threw fuel on the fire" after he called her a moron and told her to kill herself. Really?

Really. Why continue to speak to him? Just let it go - she certainly wasn't going to get him to change his tune.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I definitely think the both of you went about this the wrong way. It was definitely a stupid idea to list such a rare card at this same time another was, at the same time it definitely could have been handled more maturity.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I completely agree that two of those cards at the same time detracts from the end value. I pulled a great card that I didn't want to keep. The concept that I'm somehow obligated to remove my card an list it on another day because boom got there 19 minutes before is an unwritten rule that I've never heard of nor would I follow. Only a communist would try an implement a rule like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts