Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1990 Donruss CANADIAN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So I came across this info that Donruss made their '90 product in a Canadian version (not leaf).

I know fleer made a Canadian version as well with the only difference being the copyright.

The only info I can find is that the difference is the packaging and nothing with the cards themselves.

Anyone have different info?

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Yes that's right. They were packaged in 10-card (plus puzzle piece) packs for 35 cents Cdn. I bought tons back in the day. No difference in the cards themselves though.

We also could get the jumbo packs with the Grand Slammers inserts, but only one convenience store in my area carried them. I don't recall seeing rack packs anywhere but in card shops.

- Rodrick

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I had the answer all lined out, then realized you we're asking about Donruss!

Here is info about the 90 Fleer Canadian, in case anyone is unaware:

On the 1990 Fleer Canadian, there is only one tiny difference, with no French text really anywhere on the card. The difference is in the copyright line on the very bottom of the back of the card:

Regular says: (C) 1990 FLEER CORP., PHILA.,19141 PRINTED IN U.S.A.
Canadian says: (C) 1990 FLEER LTD./LTEE PTD. IN CANADA

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/show...ference-between-1990-Fleer-and-Canadian-Fleer

I really had no need to be aware of the variations in the late 80s/early 90s cards because my players missed that period for the most part.

Maybe this thread has some info to help clarify:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=772197

Jan 14, 2009
Yes that's right. They were packaged in 10-card (plus puzzle piece) packs for 35 cents Cdn. I bought tons back in the day. No difference in the cards themselves though.

We also could get the jumbo packs with the Grand Slammers inserts, but only one convenience store in my area carried them. I don't recall seeing rack packs anywhere but in card shops.

- Rodrick

Anything about the Canadian jumbos packaging that differs from the American type? I'm wondering if the Grand Slammers with the red star on front came from those packs.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I checked through my 1990 Donruss and this is the only Grand Slammer I have. It was definitely pulled from a jumbo pack purchased here in Canada, and I don't think there was anything different about the packaging.

1388708027393.jpg

- Rodrick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts