Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Donruss Crusade - if made today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
With the size of today's "rainbows" it got me thinking, what would cards from the 90s look like if they produced even more colors of some of our favorite inserts from that time period.

WhatCouldHaveBeen.jpg

Green /250
Orange /150
Purple /100
Gold /50
Red /25
Teal /10
Blue /5
Black /1

It took me far too long to acquire the red. I'm glad they limited these to just three officially released versions.

PS, if anyone has any leads on any of the unreleased Call To Arms of Rolen, I'm your guy! I know there is at least one copy of each color (green, purple,and red). I'm hoping there are at least a couple copies available of each of them.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
With the size of today's "rainbows" it got me thinking, what would cards from the 90s look like if they produced even more colors of some of our favorite inserts from that time period.

View attachment 123455

Green /250
Orange /150
Purple /100
Gold /50
Red /25
Teal /10
Blue /5
Black /1

It took me far too long to acquire the red. I'm glad they limited these to just three officially released versions.

PS, if anyone has any leads on any of the unreleased Call To Arms of Rolen, I'm your guy! I know there is at least one copy of each color (green, purple,and red). I'm hoping there are at least a couple copies available of each of them.
That is some imagination right there. Fun to see how these other crusades might have looked like.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Panini turned it into a whole set for basketball, Excalibur. I think it had 7 or 8 variations of color and patterns.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
I think you forgot the auto'd version.. :cool:

View attachment 123481
I didn't even think about an autographed version. What could have been, huh?

I think if Panini brought this exact design back like Topps brought back The Man inserts, I might actually get on board with Panini and buy some. I haven't bought anything that is missing the team logos.

This just doesn't have the same feel for me.

E237E201-A450-4DE5-8256-8AC2DE114C64.jpeg

It looks like they pulled it off for 2013 football. I haven't collected any football since 2005, so I wasn't even aware that these were available until I just now looked it up.
s-l500.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Given Panini's recent history, it would be like 2020 Prizm:

Silver Prizm
Blue Prizm
Red Prizm
Teal Wave Prizm
White Wave Prizm
Tiger Stripe Prizm (Hobby only)
Red-Orange Prizm (exclusive to Hobby "Hot Boxes")
Green Prizm (retail packs only)
Red, White and Blue Prizm (rack packs only)
Purple Prizm (exclusive to Blaster boxes)
Carolina Blue Prizm (exclusive to retail Mega Boxes)
Cosmic Haze Prizm (exclusive to Mega Boxes distributed by MJ Holding)
Pink Prizm (exclusive to Mega Boxes distributed by Excell Marketing)
Blue Donut Circles Prizm (serial-numbered to 199 copies; exclusive to "Quick Pitch" retail boxes)
Blue Mojo Prizm (serial-numbered to 175 copies)
Red Mojo Prizm (serial-numbered to 149 copies)
Lime Green Prizm (serial-numbered to 125 copies)
Neon Orange Prizm (serial-numbered to 100 copies)
Red Donut Circles Prizm (serial-numbered to 99 copies; exclusive to "Quick Pitch" retail boxes)
Red Wave Prizm (serial-numbered to 99 copies)
Power Plaid Prizm (serial-numbered to 75 copies)
Blue Wave Prizm (serial-numbered to 60 copies)
Snake Skin Prizm (serial-numbered to 50 copies)
Navy Blue Kaleidoscope Prizm (serial-numbered to 35 copies)
Bronze Donut Circles Prizm (serial-numbered to 25 copies; exclusive to "Quick Pitch" retail boxes)
Burgundy Cracked Ice Prizm (serial-numbered to 25 copies)
Teal Donut Circles Prizm (serial-numbered to fifteen; exclusive to "Quick Pitch" retail boxes)
Gold Prizm (serial-numbered to ten)
Gold Donut Circles Prizm (serial-numbered to ten; exclusive to "Quick Pitch" retail boxes)
Purple Shimmer Prizm (serial-numbered to seven; exclusive to First Off the Line Hobby packs)
Shimmer Prizm (serial-numbered to seven; exclusive to First Off the Line Hobby packs)
Forest Green Flash Prizm (serial-numbered to five)
White Donut Circles Prizm (serial-numbered to five)
Black Finite Prizm (one-of-one; retail only)
Gold Vinyl Prizm (one-of-one; Hobby only)

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I think it was leaf that made the "valiant" set a few years back that was remarkably similar to crusades.
I really like the look of the black one you did there, wicked sharp.

2011 Leaf Valiant draft pick autos:

11leafvaliantauto.jpg 11leafvaliantauto99.jpg

I thought they looked good, but not as good as legit crusades. The colors could have been more vibrant.

There were also Crusade cards in 2014 Panini Hall of Fame, I thought the coloring looked better than those Valiant cards but they were a little "off" because the picture was in a window and not just the player silhouetted against the foil like Crusade cards usually are:

catfish14panhofcrusadepurp.jpg catfish14panhofcrusader.jpg

Donruss also made "Rookie Crusades" in 2002 but they were just generic holofoil, they didn't even try to do the chrome refractor effect. Only have a scan of the auto version:

02doncrusadeauto.jpg 02doncrusadeautoback.jpg

jkeys1313

Apr 23, 2021
Kansas City Area

View attachment 123455

Green /250
Orange /150
Purple /100
Gold /50
Red /25
Teal /10
Blue /5
Black /1

I think they'd hit pink /75 also - which are some of my faves honestly.

Members online

Latest posts