Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 Press Pass Total Memorabilia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISA Grading

Feb 15, 2013
2013 Press Pass Total Memorabilia

Per Box items:
5 mini boxes/packs per master box
9 cards per mini box/pack
1 hit per mini box/pack

Press Pass Sell Sheet

The standard sized cards have a full color shot of the driver on the card fronts. Bordered on the top and bottom with a grey and white checkered pattern the card fronts are also trimmed with silver foil for the set name and logo, and driver's name. The card backs feature a color action shot of the driver's car. The backs also list career statistics and quote from the driver. A sub-set of "Rising Stars" cards are all horizontal in layout and bordered in silver foil.

What I pulled:
45 unique cards, no duplicates
25 base set cards, 25/50, 50% of the base set
15 inserts and parallels, gold parallels #/275, platinum parallels #/99
5 memorabilia cards

Base card front and back:
scan0025_zpsc0a5f296.jpg

Inserts and parallels: (not all scanned)
Platinum: Jeff Gordon #/99
Gold: Almirola, Harvick, Kahne, Newman #/275
Memory Lane: Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, Harvick, Richard Petty, Davey Allison
Smooth Operator: Jimmy Johnson, Carl Edwards, Mark Martin, Dale Jr., Jeff Burton
scan0026-1_zps5da9b0d8.jpg

The Hits:
Jamie McMurry 3 color fire suit patch
Matt Kenseth Burning Rubber #/175
Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2 color sheet metal and driver's seat #/199
Dale Earnhardt Jr. dual tire, sheet metal triple relic #/99
Jeff Gordon Burning Rubber blue parallel #24/50, (his car umber)
scan0027_zps0a2c2bcd.jpg

scan0006-7_zps8c37352f.jpg

**********************************************************************************

2013 Press Pass Total Memorabilia is a mid-high end product.I like the design with the top and bottom borders with sliver foil and a hint of color in the graphics. The base set itself is in alphabetical order by the driver's last name. This make for easy sorting. There are three main inserts sets to chase but they will not be hard to complete. the memorabilia cards are super thick and seem to ding easily. A couple had significant dings right out of the package. The silver foil bordered rising star cards look sharp but are also prone to dings and chipping.

The Bottom Line: I give 2013 Press Pass a soft buy rating. Completing the base set will be easy with two boxes and possibly some very light trading. A hit in every pack is great, but I see a lot of singles being very condition sensitive.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 10):
Base set collect-ability: 5/10
Big-hit Hunter: 10/10
Prospector Hunter: NA
Value: 9/10
Overall Quality: 7/10

Overall: 31/40 (77.5% = C)

Press Pass sent me this box to review for ISA Grading. I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Press Pass for making this review possible!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Great review!
I look forward to other busts like this in the future.
I saw some if this busted yesterday and it looks like Press Pass is being pretty stingy with the autos out of this stuff.

Big_Willie316

Apr 26, 2010
Roanoke, Texas
I ordered two boxes yesterday. I just got into racing cards (literally over the weekend) so when they arrive they will only be my 3rd and 4th box of racing opened. I'm excited, and seeing your break I'm looking forward to Thursday.

Members online

Latest posts