Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2023 Topps 1988 Real One/88 - "Heritage Stock"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Just picked up my first 2023 Topps 1988 "Real One" parallel/88, Shea Langeliers...I thought these were supposed to be on a matte Heritage-syle stock (and many on eBay are advertised that way) but mine is exactly the same as a regular card from the 2023 Topps 1988 iinsert set, with the only difference being the serial number stamped on the back. The numbering seems legit to me. Has anybody else pulled or picked up some of these Real One cards? Was the stock on yours any different from the base inserts? I was looking forward to these cards so that's pretty lame if the only actual difference is the serial number.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Update: I just picked up a McGwire "Real One" from this set, 35/88. Same deal as the Shea Langeliers card I got a couple of weeks ago...it's exactly the same as the base 1988 insert other than the serial numbering on the back. No Heritage stock or any type of matte finish on the front or back. Somebody on TCDB also posted about pulling one that's the same as my McGwire and Langeliers. I haven't seen anybody saying they actually have a matte finish version, so I think Topps just royally screwed up on this set and they're all like this. Make sure to flip over the card if you spot a 1988 insert in a quarter bin, you might get a steal because these are impossible to spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts