Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anybody else have my luck with 2010 Bowman?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
It seems all I read about on here when it comes to the new Bowman product are how awesome people's breaks are. I think some people are breaking packs with nothing but Strasburgs :lol: I thought i'd be the antithesis for these types of threads by sharing my own bowman experience.

I bought 3 jumbo packs at LCS upon release for $15 each...not too bad, got Bryan Mitchell blue ref auto, Melky Mesa base ref /777 and a Sonny Gray USA ref /777.

Bought 1 blaster from WM apparently the afternoon they came out...nothing noteworthy. Saw completed listings of unopened blasters and bought the other 3 there and sold that night on eBay.

Over the course of the past week I have made it my personal mission to acquire a Bowman Chrome strasburg card. I have bought 3 more blasters, 5-6 rack packs and 40-some odd loose retail packs (bought entire stock from both walmarts in town, and surrounding town as well)

Well unbelievably after 80+ 2010 packs and approximately $275-300 spent on Bowman I have yet to pull a Chrome Stephen Strasburg :lol: I have pulled 4 base, 2 Topps 100 Strasburgs and 2 Bryce Harpers but no chrome Strasburgs. I have 12 less than stellar purple refractors, 2 less than stellar blue refractors, and 5 ordinary blah refractors, 50 Topps 100, and probably 25 Expectations. I have 3-4 copies of certain players Chrome cards, but none noteworthy. I made the mistake of asking the lady whom I sold my 3 unopened blasters what she got and she replied a Ref Harper /777, Chrome Strasburg, and Base Strasburg.

That being said, I haven't had this much fun collecting cards in a long time. I love 2010 Bowman!

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
My first (and only) break of a retail blaster I picked up a few days ago resulted in a Bryce Harper Chrome. Paid for the box itself (sold for $25) and I told myself I'm not buying again.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Bought numerous jumbo and hobby boxes and did not pull a single Harper Chrome.

But, did pull multiple Strasburg Chromes.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I also forgot to mention I got 3 of the retail autos as well, Cesar Valdez, Tony Sanchez, and Jeremy Ferrell.

I didn't start this thread to complain...on the contrary. I started the thread to share my comical experiences over the past week where I turned into a raving madman looking for my next bowman retail fix. It got so bad I was sneaking out after the wife went to bed to hit up the WalMarts near us. Collecting is supposed to be a fun, albeit expensive hobby and I've had fun with 2010 bowman.

Members online

Latest posts