Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Atlanta's GM tells Kovaluchuk to get ready for a trade!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Wow that would kill ticket sales (if they exist) in atlanta! I heard Boston is in the mix with tuukka rask. Possibly halak in Montreal?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I want him Calgary but i dont see it till this summer. Calgary will have the $$$ to sign him in July

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
adamcm said:
Wow that would kill ticket sales (if they exist) in atlanta! I heard Boston is in the mix with tuukka rask. Possibly halak in Montreal?

I would LOVE for Boston to get him, and we all know they need ANY offense they can get...

...but I don't know about trading Rask for him. I like Rask and think he is the future in goal for the B's...but on that, I don't know what else they could shell out for Kovalchuk (except Toronto's #1 next year)...

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
Sly said:
I don't know what else they could shell out for Kovalchuk (except Toronto's #1 next year)...

Blake Wheeler?

You know, when there rumors first came up that Boston could be a team for Kovalchuk, Wheeler was one of the first guys that came to mind.

My biggest issue with trading Wheeler would be that more than likely Kovalchuk would be a rental...I just don't know if the B's could afford to sign him to a long-term deal, and I'd hate to see Wheeler (or Rask) go for a rental...

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
I heard Chicago as well at one point but quickly dismissed it. Do they have the cap room for him even without resigning him? I could have sworn they had issues in the offseason. The one good thing for teams is they should be able to get Kovy somewhat cheap. All teams know he's leaving Atlanta in the offseason.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Rumour had it Altanta wanted 4-5 players/prospects/picks to rebuild the franchise with. Not sure anyone would stomach giving up that much.

Members online