Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Bucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
For the first time that I can recall, I took my ebay bucks earnings and applied them towards an "expensive" item that I have been unwilling to pay full price for. I look at ebay bucks as free cash, but when it comes time to spend it, the cheapo in me wants the best deal on anything I buy. So, I have not been able to talk myself into spending more than I feel I should, even with free money!

Today that changed. It is Dodger related and I will share it when the item arrives in my Dodger thread (I'll probably mention it here as well). Since the new change, the bucks payouts have been a lot smaller. Some of that is me trying harder to curb spending, but a lot of it is no offers to use and if I recall, we no longer earn it on every purchase (only when offers are open). I had about $35 earned.

Any fun ebay bucks scores for anyone else this quarter?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
For the first time that I can recall, I took my ebay bucks earnings and applied them towards an "expensive" item that I have been unwilling to pay full price for. I look at ebay bucks as free cash, but when it comes time to spend it, the cheapo in me wants the best deal on anything I buy. So, I have not been able to talk myself into spending more than I feel I should, even with free money!

Today that changed. It is Dodger related and I will share it when the item arrives in my Dodger thread (I'll probably mention it here as well). Since the new change, the bucks payouts have been a lot smaller. Some of that is me trying harder to curb spending, but a lot of it is no offers to use and if I recall, we no longer earn it on every purchase (only when offers are open). I had about $35 earned.

Any fun ebay bucks scores for anyone else this quarter?
I used mine to finish up a tough football parallel set I’ve been doing. Overpaid for the couple but the $40ish on eBay bucks made it easier to swallow…

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My bucks purchase came today and was my only mail. It's a heck of a good mail day though!

Jim Bunning 8x10, since I can't find a nice card. Of course, Bunning was not known for his time in LA, at the near end of his career. The 37 year old was 3-1 for the 1969 Dodgers in 9 games. They had stole him from the Pirates for a couple minor leaguers who never panned out. I guess they got what they needed from him, because he was released after the season ended. He would pitch 2 more seasons with the Phillies before calling it quits, going 15-27 over that 2 year stretch. he retired with 224 Wins, 2855 Ks and a 3.27 ERA.

He is also what many consider a borderline HOFer to boot, and there is clearly no way with those stats that he'd get the call in 2021 if he were eligible, but still a huge add for me.

Bunning.jpg

Members online

Latest posts