Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hines Ward Retires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm glad he retired instead of trying to stick around for a couple more years on a different team. I couldn't even imagine him in a different jersey.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
If Emmanuel Sanders stubs his toe or gets a paper cut do not be shocked at a mid season sighting of Hines

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Love Hines, and glad to see that he spent a long, productive career with one team, instead of going the Emmitt Smith route.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I absolutely despise Whines Hard. I cannot stand him at all.

That said, I am glad that he is retiring as a Steeler instead of playing somewhere else.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
muskiesfan said:

That said, I am glad that he is retiring as a Steeler instead of playing somewhere else.
I wouldn't like him either if he tormented my favorite team for 13 years. :p

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
mstng99tim said:
muskiesfan said:

I wouldn't like him either if he tormented my favorite team for 13 years. :p

Glad you understood the hatred, brother. ;) :lol:

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
One of the greatest ever... I've been following Hines since his high school days at Forest Park HS and most people don't realize how good he was in high school and in college. I have a feeling he'll get into coaching, either in Athens or for one of the high schools in North Fulton County.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
While I have nothing but the highest disdain for Ward, but I'm happy to see him end his career as a Steeler, because guys like him deserve to have their career to end the right way. He deserved to retire as a Steeler, and Steelers fans deserve to have him retire as one of theirs. I never met a Steelers fan who didn't love Hines.

When he says he retired as a Steeler, does that mean Pittsburgh gave him the one day contract treatment so it was official, or did he say that since he won't be playing for another team?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
hockeyfights said:
One of the greatest ever... I've been following Hines since his high school days at Forest Park HS and most people don't realize how good he was in high school and in college. I have a feeling he'll get into coaching, either in Athens or for one of the high schools in North Fulton County.

Hines is already attending Georgia practices and speaking with former teammate and current Offensive Coordinator Mike Bobo (the worst playcaller in NCAA history). We didn't have a special teams coach last year because we were at the limit for coaches, so I'm not sure what CMR will do if Hines wants to come on board.
http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blo...oaching-career/?cxntfid=blogs_uga_sports_blog

Members online

Latest posts