Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hockey Night In Canada!! Game Day thread- January 9th/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Two great games on HNIC tonight, which just also happens to have my two favorite teams playing tonight as well. Pittsburh is at Toronto. That game has just started 15 minutes ago and it is 1-0 PITTSBURGH. Marc Andre Fleury is the net for Pittsburgh :D I am always happy whenever Fleury gets to play on Hockey In Canada, especially if he has a great game. I like that Fleury is seen playing on Canadian National Television. It just gives him a bit more exposure, especially out West here where we dont get to Fleury play all that often.

Once the Toronto/Pitts game is over, then there is the Calgary/Vancouver game. Calgary and Vancouver have a tremendous rivalry (one of the current bests in Hockey), so this should be a great game as well.

Are any you guys watching these games tonight? Perhaps your watching a different game?

Go Pens!!! Go Flames!!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
some cards/8x10'sa of the guys playing tonight, post some other ones if you guys/gals are bored. Let see what cards people have from these 4 teams...

20k3sx.jpg
103d078.jpg
23kvvk7.jpg
64nhw4.jpg
10qa1zk.jpg
mj9y8h.jpg
xpqz4n.jpg
2eb4k0z.jpg
14xmnx2.jpg
351j0xw.jpg
351j0xw.jpg
ev96s2.jpg

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
I have a nice Crosby/Malkin jersey card in a bubble mailer on my desk.

I hope the outcome of tonight's game doesn't make me do something silly..... ;)

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
thehamiltonian said:
I have a nice Crosby/Malkin jersey card in a bubble mailer on my desk.

I hope the outcome of tonight's game doesn't make me do something silly..... ;)

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Haha, too funny! Like (Wo)Man, what are the chances that you have a Crosby /Malkin of mine with sitting at your house with this game going on, too funny :lol: :lol:

Scores is 1-1 in the 2nd

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Gonchar just scored his 2nd goal in 4 minutes. the first one had to be reviewed because it went in and out of the net so fast. after it was reviewed and Gonchar was credited with the goal he went to the penalty box for hooking after his goal. he came out of the box and scored his second from just across the blue line.

after 2 periods Pens up 3-1

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
Islander game is going well. 4-1 at the end of two. Bailey and tavares having a good game. Lets go ISLES!!!

Hwilensky

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Woot Woot Calgary just wins in a shoot-out with a goal by Jaime Lundmark. Jaime, who was voted as the 1st star of the game, also had just earlier scored the game tying goal.

This was a huge coming out party for Lundmark, as just 2 or 3 days earlier he was recalled from AHL Abbotsford Heat. He went from the farm team to Calgarys top line playing with Iggy and Daymond Langkow. Talk about an ultimate "rags to riches" story for Jamie Lundmark, the past 3 days :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Hwilensky said:
Islander game is going well. 4-1 at the end of two. Bailey and tavares having a good game. Lets go ISLES!!!

Hwilensky

Did the Isles play DiPietro again tonight? Im glad to hear hes playing again after no action in over a year. Im a pretty big fan of Rick, since meeting him and getting pics and autos on his draft day. He actually talked with us before he was drafted then again after he was drafted and he starting putting #1 DP inscriptions on a few items. Thought that was pretty cool and nice of him. Im also a fan of his, just for the fact that the drAft was at my hometown, Calgary and he was the #1 pick there.

I cant wait to see some nice new high end DiPietro soon. He needs some sick Cup cards.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Great game Flames! I hope this makes Lundmark stick with the team, but he has the 2 way deal so he's always the one to go back.

Gmoney, is that an Ikea glass case? The Detolf?

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
thefatguy said:
Gmoney, is that an Ikea glass case? The Detolf?

yes it is, i have 2 of them and enjoy them a lot. just be very careful when windexing the glass, based on prior experiances i would sat take everything out when cleaning it ;)

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Just got back from a bar watching the Canucks/Flames game with a few friends, great game, lots of hitting and a couple awesome fights. Too bad about the final score but it was fun to watch. The worst part was there were 9 of us and all of us but 1 guy was a Flames fan, of course we razed him all game, but... he got the last laugh. :oops: But it was a great game to watch. I loved at the end of the 2nd period when Luongo and Iginla had words and Iggy gave him a shuv, FANTASTIC! Like you said Gmoney one of the best rivalries in hockey.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
A little late to the party with the pics but...

P1110356.jpg

P1110047.jpg

P1110046.jpg

NewCards005.jpg

P1010376.jpg

P1010317.jpg

P1010415.jpg

001.jpg

Disneyland2008083.jpg

CardsCarson085-1.jpg

Cards005-1-1.jpg

obrianrc.jpg

016.jpg

breaks003.jpg

CardsCarson129.jpg

P1010646.jpg

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
DP, didnt start tonight. I highly doubt that they will give him back to back starts, untill he's 100% ready to assume full time goaltending duties.

Hwilensky

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I just watched the highlights of the Flames Canucks game on NHL.com and that was a fantastic game indeed.

the Pens ended up winning 4-1. Fleury made 42 saves and he played like he was playing before the Pens recent skid started. Gonchar had 2 goals and an assist. Crosby scored his 27th on this incredible play to beat the Monster.

[youtube:5ookyayw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alz0VjkUIKA[/youtube:5ookyayw]

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
pghbuccos said:
I just watched the highlights of the Flames Canucks game on NHL.com and that was a fantastic game indeed.

the Pens ended up winning 4-1. Fleury made 42 saves and he played like he was playing before the Pens recent skid started. Gonchar had 2 goals and an assist. Crosby scored his 27th on this incredible play to beat the Monster.

[youtube:xvhno9p9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alz0VjkUIKA[/youtube:xvhno9p9]
Ummmm... holy crap :lol: I think the goalie fell asleep.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
yeah it was strange Dave. he actually tried to poke check it but it seemed as though "the Monster" was moving in slow motion.

Members online

Latest posts