Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How much Bowman is left?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
:lol:

Serious question:

What % of Bowman is cracked each year. :?:

Stashes, cases held back, lost and stored; different players in product can all effect of course.....

Is this years release going to be 95%+ opened by the end of the summer? Would anyone stash any of this with current prices? And furthermore, what % is already opened (hobby, jumbo) with two of the biggest hits still "out" there?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
moxacaine said:
alls i can say is that anyone still holding is a fool. there is no reason for these insane prices.

yes, with the buy prices I'm seeing, it blows my mind that if you acquired the product around its time of release, you can flip it not even 2 months later for a profit without even having to rip it!

I suppose that's what a product filled with desired prospects, a lack of a train of product releases, and exclusivity does for a hobby. I wonder how things would have played out if UD was still a competitor and you have products coming out about every week or two - would people quickly forget Bowman 2010 to rip the newest product on the shelves a week later or would 2010 Bowman still be hot because UD wouldn't be able to put Strasburg or other desired MLB debut'ers into products until late June or later releases?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'd imagine that a higher % than normal will be opened this year but that last bit of unopened will trickle very slowly because of the high prices. In the long run, I think it will stay really high.

I was slow to this party and had an inkling to buy 10+ cases but didn't pull the trigger. :?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I pre-ordered 2 Jumbo boxes, the guy promising to ship the day of release. I was fully planning on ripping my first boxes in a couple years. A week after release, no boxes. I asked him what's up, he says he had appendicitis and thought all his customers were notified of the delay. I was bracing for fighting for a refund at best. But sure enough, they arrived a few days later. That delay turned them from an automatic rip to a hold. Now, I've still got them and am keeping an eye on prices daily. With the $300 level shattered, I'm thinking now's the time. But another strong outing against a seemingly-weak CLE lineup could mean another spike.

As to how much is left, there are thousands of boxes out there. Probably the majority of jumbos are open, but if you want them, they're still out there if you're willing to pay. Consider 2002 BDP. Tons of names in it were hot various times 2002-2004, there wasn't a lot made relative to current production, and boxes are still readily available. But 2010 is surely the most heavily ripped in years.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I couldn't resist the itch to bust at least a box of jumbo and I came really late to the party. My first and only box was at $285 yesterday, sold 3 cards for $940. I know its not common, but prices of singles are ridiculous.

I've been hitting the targets looking for blasters. Initially I was leaving the rack packs and retail boxes but I've started to buy these as well when I saw blasters going for $30 and racks selling for $8 at Frank and Sons. Retail packs are selling there for $5 each.

My haul so far is 12 blasters, 8 rack packs and one sealed retail box. I was able to convince the girl ringing me up to not open the retail box and to just charge me 2.99 x 24 packs. She rang them up as misc. merchandise.

I know the blasters are still less than $30 on ebay but it won't be long before they start closing for more than $30. Add in shipping and they'll be close to $40 soon.

Members online

Latest posts