Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HUGE pre-War Natty walk in find…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I love “find” stories!

B22F07C9-614D-4C43-AD28-791630DDC6CD.jpegThere was a humungous pre-War collection brought in at the National on Saturday…

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is another great example of how much stuff potentially exists out there still, unknown to the rest of the world. While extremely valuable in sheer quantity and star power, it remains to be seen if any real rarities are included. I figure Wagner and the other biggies would be top mention if any where in there, so not likely. There are still a lot of basic issue cards (Topps, Bowman, Goudey, T cards, etc) kicking around out there, which makes me wonder all that much more about how rare some of the real oddball stuff is that you hardly ever see. Regional issues, food issues, etc. I mean a Leaf Robinson or a Goudey Ruth are great cards, even the 52 Mantle, but there are a lot of them still. Most are tucked away in collections or on display in dealer cases , for sale for the right piles of $. You see them all the time. You don't see the scarce oddball stuff all the time, in fact, hardly at all. Those are the real gems and someday, the rest of the collecting world may figure that out.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
That is why I love serial numbered cards. If the print run is 10 serial numbered cards you won't see 100 of them showing up somewhere at sometime.