Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this trade fair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
George springer topps chrome gold refractor auto and red refractor auto

for
90 dollars, ken griffey jr 2007 spx auto, and miguel cabrera miggy triple threads jersey card /27

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
If you are getting the Griffey, hell yes. If you are getting two Springers, hell no.

And this is from a huge Astros fan that collects primarily Astros autographs.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
If you are getting the Griffey, hell yes. If you are getting two Springers, hell no.

And this is from a huge Astros fan that collects primarily Astros autographs.

The only reason I'd disagree is that there are so many Griffey autos, they really aren't rare. A lower numbered rookie auto of an up and comer maybe more valuable in the long term. Of course its all about each collector wants

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
The only reason I'd disagree is that there are so many Griffey autos, they really aren't rare. A lower numbered rookie auto of an up and comer maybe more valuable in the long term. Of course its all about each collector wants

I agree based on the rookie autos as well. Those are finite. The supply of both player's autos will continue to sky rocket. Obviously Griffey has years of a head start and his auto may be more in demand at the moment but there won't be more rookie year autos of Springer. Of course there's risk attached to those which balances things out IMO

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd say whoever got the $90 and the Griffey and Miggy, got the better part of the deal.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm in the camp for getting the Springer's, but, then again, I collect Josh Johnson, so my view is slightly flawed.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
One side is wagering GS goes up in value, one side is wagering GS goes down. Its fair if you believe in your side of the deal.

A better question to ask might be what peoples opinions are in the potential of GS.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
You still collect jj? We need more of those epic mail day posts again.

I'll be collecting JJ til the day I die. I think I'm up to 8 5000 ct boxes and a few either 1600 or 3200 ct boxes of his stuff as well.

Once you start digging a well, and find no water, you may as well keep digging until you hit China.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I'll be collecting JJ til the day I die. I think I'm up to 8 5000 ct boxes and a few either 1600 or 3200 ct boxes of his stuff as well.

Once you start digging a well, and find no water, you may as well keep digging until you hit China.

Hahaha I love your philosophy there

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One side is wagering GS goes up in value, one side is wagering GS goes down. Its fair if you believe in your side of the deal.

A better question to ask might be what peoples opinions are in the potential of GS.

I love Springer. I think he is going to be great. Do I think he is ever going to be Griffey? No.

I think the Griffey side of the trade is way better, but not because I am banking against Springer. There is no shortage of either of their signatures but over the next ten years I can almost guarantee that Springer's auto will become worth less than it is worth today and Griffey will either remain stable or slightly increase.

Members online

Latest posts