Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jesse Barfield collector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trickey

Aug 15, 2021
Hi, I'm a brand new member here. I was always a huge Barfield fan growing up. I even started a Barfield collection back then. I recently uncovered it again and what I thought was an almost complete collection, was apparently woefully short. So in the last few weeks I've found almost 100 cards that I was missing. But of course, I'm missing more. I'm missing a few variations, errors and some really early cards. I'd love some help tracking what I don't have. If you have anything I may need, please let me know.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Welcome! Barfield was a Yankee around the time I got into collecting myself. Glad to see someone collects him.

There are many collectors with lots of oddballs and variations from that era. Barfield flies under the radar and I bet a lot of his stuff is not listed. You may have some luck with trades.

Aside from eBay recommendation would be to try SportLots and COMC. Beckett Marketplace is hit or miss, usually overpriced from my experience.

trickey

Aug 15, 2021
Welcome! Barfield was a Yankee around the time I got into collecting myself. Glad to see someone collects him.

There are many collectors with lots of oddballs and variations from that era. Barfield flies under the radar and I bet a lot of his stuff is not listed. You may have some luck with trades.

Aside from eBay recommendation would be to try SportLots and COMC. Beckett Marketplace is hit or miss, usually overpriced from my experience.
Thank you! Barfield was my favourite Blue Jay growing up. I remember being devastated when he was traded to the Yankees when I was 12 or so.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You might have better luck with a want list. At least cover those items you know for sure you need. There may be other stuff you are not aware of, but having someone randomly offer unique items a player collector is unaware of can be rare.

I could say the same thing about Steve Garvey, then proceed to tell every person who took the time to respond to me. "Nope, sorry, have those".

Good Luck. I expect that even he was cursed with a few modern 1/1 cards to try to chase down.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Also, don't sleep on Trading Card Database as a possible source for cards. I've messaged maybe 10-15 guys there asking if they would sell/trade a card I need, and although most don't respond or aren't interested in letting the cards go, I've still managed to work out deals for 5-6 cards.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Also, don't sleep on Trading Card Database as a possible source for cards. I've messaged maybe 10-15 guys there asking if they would sell/trade a card I need, and although most don't respond or aren't interested in letting the cards go, I've still managed to work out deals for 5-6 cards.
This! TCDB has been very helpful for me creating a want list.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Hey there. Sorry to just jump into the discussion with my own personal question and nothing to contribute! I am just curious about this. Never knew there was a way to possibly message people and/or trade. If it's not too much trouble to explain, could you fill me in on how please? I always thought TCDB was a place seek checklists and sets, like baseballcardpedia.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Welcome to the boards! I've met Jesse once and he was a really cool guy. He had a son playing in the minor leagues, his name was Jeremy. He was drafted by the A's and was playing in the MWL back in 2009ish. He had a pretty good year that year and made the All-Star game. I used to get autographs in the MWL back then so I brought along a few Jesse cards just in case. Like many parents, Jesse came to watch his son play in that year's ASG. He was really cool once people figured out who he was and would sign and chat with anyone who wanted to meet him.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Great guy to try to collect. Jesse Barfield is the main character in one of my favorite baseball experiences, a double-header at Yankee Stadium in the summer of 1989. I never collected his stuff, but he seems like the kind of player who would turn up in modern "fan favorite" and "archives" sets from time to time, randomly getting autographs here and there. Even contemporary sets, he might've been in the regional, boxed, and food issue that were sprinkled through the 80s and 90s. Good luck.

trickey

Aug 15, 2021
Great guy to try to collect. Jesse Barfield is the main character in one of my favorite baseball experiences, a double-header at Yankee Stadium in the summer of 1989. I never collected his stuff, but he seems like the kind of player who would turn up in modern "fan favorite" and "archives" sets from time to time, randomly getting autographs here and there. Even contemporary sets, he might've been in the regional, boxed, and food issue that were sprinkled through the 80s and 90s. Good luck.
There's definitely more of his cards out there than I had thought, which is nice because there's a lot to hunt down! I have a good idea of what I'm missing and have a pretty substantial want list posted. Mostly variations and rarer examples now.

Members online

Latest posts