Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jordan Precious Metal Gems End Auction Style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benmoss84

Oct 30, 2010
It's crazy to me that the original PMG Green Jordan is worth so much... If I had 12-15K to blow I'd much rather have the 97-98 Game Jersey auto /23 his first one ever with the all-star game jersey!!! Now THAT is a beauty!!

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
benmoss84 said:
It's crazy to me that the original PMG Green Jordan is worth so much... If I had 12-15K to blow I'd much rather have the 97-98 Game Jersey auto /23 his first one ever with the all-star game jersey!!! Now THAT is a beauty!!

They are actually of comparable value, at least back then they were. I'd still rather have the PMG Jordan. I could make love to that card. Too bad the card industry has devolved over the past 13 years. I'd love to see inserts like those again instead of all the crap out now.

benmoss84

Oct 30, 2010
bballcardkid said:
benmoss84 said:

They are actually of comparable value, at least back then they were. I'd still rather have the PMG Jordan. I could make love to that card. Too bad the card industry has devolved over the past 13 years. I'd love to see inserts like those again instead of all the crap out now.
Seriously I miss the good old days of the 90's when a card was valuable for just being CARD that was an insert as opposed to it being valuable for just having a giant patch attached lol

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Are the Skybox Ruby's like that too? I saw a guy at a show sell #23/50 for $2200 and thought he made a killing but apparently not?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
aaron41984 said:
Are the Skybox Ruby's like that too? I saw a guy at a show sell #23/50 for $2200 and thought he made a killing but apparently not?

That's priced right at market value. The 97/98 Skybox Star Rubies are probably second or third to the PMG series. When I was 10, I pulled an Allen Iverson Ruby /50 that "booked" for $600 at the time. The design of those were gorgeous as well. That year yielded a ton of popular insert/parallel sets.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
aaron41984 said:

I would have paid that for it. I bet it would sell for atleat $3500!

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Tomlinson21RB said:
bballcardkid said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
bballcardkid said:
Anybody care to guess what Kobe's best card created will end at?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-1997-Sk ... 3cb2f2d60e

15?

I'll guess 9K. I think it's awesome one of these pups is at auction w/ no reserve.

Do you remember what the Duncan went for over the summer?

I can't remember. I remember posting about it and linking the auction. I'm not sure if the link would still work though.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
bballcardkid said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
bballcardkid said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
bballcardkid said:
Anybody care to guess what Kobe's best card created will end at?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-1997-Sk ... 3cb2f2d60e

15?

I'll guess 9K. I think it's awesome one of these pups is at auction w/ no reserve.

Do you remember what the Duncan went for over the summer?

I can't remember. I remember posting about it and linking the auction. I'm not sure if the link would still work though.

You reminded me of the post I made with the sale price.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56237&hilit=duncan&start=15

$1,825.

I rescind my guess of 15k. I'd say it'll probably more in line with your guess.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Im gonna go out on a limb and say this is a fake. The pic is too similar to the 8/100 that was listed weeks back. The fact that the seller is hiding the serial number makes it shady as well. I mean there are only 10 out there, why hide the numbering on it?

Also the fact that some of this information is missing will shy many bidders away from bidding on a card that may not even be in the hands of the seller!!

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
wbonus said:
Im gonna go out on a limb and say this is a fake. The pic is too similar to the 8/100 that was listed weeks back. The fact that the seller is hiding the serial number makes it shady as well. I mean there are only 10 out there, why hide the numbering on it?

Also the fact that some of this information is missing will shy many bidders away from bidding on a card that may not even be in the hands of the seller!!

I didn't look that closely at the auction, but it does seem fishy. The guy only has one completed auction recently, and it was a Pokemon card that went unsold. He could have it, but too many red flags.

Members online

Latest posts