Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Canseco cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I watch the eBay sale prices for some of my favorite vintage and current player cards from time to time and was surprised to see that PSA 9 and PSA 10 graded cards of Jose Canseco seem to do quite well. While I was always intrigued by him, I'm a bit surprised because Canseco has always been controversial (not in a good way) and I definitely don't think that he'll ever make the Hall of Fame mainly because of his well known steroid use during his playing days. Do the readers here see Canseco's cards holding their value or going up more long term or do you think his current prices are more the result of the sports card market being pretty hot?

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Canseco isn't an instance of people thinking he will make the HOF, it's that he was a massive star back in the day so for a lot of collectors my age (early 40's) he may have been their favorite player as a kid and they want to collect him. Time heals most wounds and it's been a long time since the steroid stuff came out. His cards sold well before the whole card market heated up so it's not that, though of course that helps out all values. Given the age of people that would have been fans as kids I could see his cards being highly collected for the next 25 years. What that means as far as holding value I don't know, I'm 100% collecting and 0% investing.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
There's a member here as well as other sports card sites. That's a big time collector of Jose Canseco cards. He's even visited Canseco at his home. Check with @mouschi

Members online

Latest posts