Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Juan Soto and Josh Bell Reportedly Traded to the Padres For Gore/Abrams/Hassell/Wood + Hosmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
As it currently stands, Soto and Bell would go to the Padres in exchange for the following prospects:

- LHP MacKenzie Gore - OF Robert Hassell III - SS C.J. Abrams - OF James Wood - RHP Jarlin Susana

And Eric Hosmer. But the holdup is, the Nats are on his no-trade list, so he has to change his mind before this mega-deal can go through.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It will be interesting to see how this works out for Soto. At first glance, it appears he was being a little greedy. He stood to make more money in 15 years than a huge majority of the world's population will ever make in their entire lifetime. I don't fault anyone for trying to look after themselves, but at what point is it going from looking out for #1 to I am greedy to excess?

Maybe he gets what he wants in the end. He'll have a better chance of making the playoffs this year in SD than DC, that is for sure. Hopefully the Dodgers keep that from happening though!

We'll see.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
It feels a bit like the MLB is turning into the NBA. Even though you have countless divisions and teams, there's really only a handful of contenders because all of the best players out there go to those teams. Even in the NFL, players are going to TB to play with Tom Brady, they just signed Julio who turned down MORE money to play with him. I don't fault Soto at all for not taking that bag from the Nationals, SD gives him the best chance to win. Washington does not. It's not on Soto, imo, to owe the fans anything when the team isn't giving him anything to work with, it's a business.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
It will be interesting to see how this works out for Soto. At first glance, it appears he was being a little greedy. He stood to make more money in 15 years than a huge majority of the world's population will ever make in their entire lifetime. I don't fault anyone for trying to look after themselves, but at what point is it going from looking out for #1 to I am greedy to excess?

Maybe he gets what he wants in the end. He'll have a better chance of making the playoffs this year in SD than DC, that is for sure. Hopefully the Dodgers keep that from happening though!

We'll see.
I don't think the money was the main issue. They wanted him to tie himself for 15 years to ownership he didn't know. I wouldn't do that either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts