Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kawakami

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
I'm sick of hearing that about kawakami. If he was "unlucky" he wouldn't be 0-9. Greinke is unlucky. Kenshin sucks. The fact there is even a debate on if he should stay in the rotation or not when jurrjens comes back is an absolute farce. I didn't realize the braves were that cash strapped that they wont send him to the pen.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
His peripheral numbers do suggest that his record is a bit of a fluke, which is why W/L is a poor judge of performance. That said, he has been pretty mediocre and should likely head to the pen when Jair is back.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
pujolsjunkie said:
His peripheral numbers do suggest that his record is a bit of a fluke, which is why W/L is a poor judge of performance. That said, he has been pretty mediocre and should likely head to the pen when Jair is back.

wats w/ lidges i's in ur sigg

casmith12

May 3, 2010
I think he is just unlucky for the most part. I just looked through his stats and compared to Derek Lowe whose record is 8-5. Kawakami's ERA is 4.42, while Lowe's ERA is 4.81. Also Kawakami has had more strikeouts and less hits allowed on him. I think Kawakami is not bad at all, he just gets very little run support.

braves2235

Jan 28, 2010
I would say Kawakami is a little of both. Whenever he pitches it seems like he gets matched against the other teams ace or top of the line rotation starter which makes it more difficult for him to relax. On the other hand whenever he does give up hits and runs, they are big hits or extra base hits...most of the Rays damage last night was doubles and a homer. That should all be on him. Once Jair is back, Kawakami should go straight to the pen. Medlen gives us the better chance to stay in and win the game.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
He's been up in the zone like the last 4 games he pitched. Even my girlfriend admitted that she could probably hit the cheese he was throwing.

He's not unlucky....more like ungood. Problem with him is that he NEVER has that stellar outing where he shuts down the other team. He's always got baserunners and he never really gives up less than 3 an outing. That puts YOUR team on its heels every night when you pitch knowing that they have to go out and make great plays in the field to even be in the game. Then, the pressure of them knowing they have to score 4+ runs to win doesn't help either.

I said it 2 starts in, that they paid too much money to this guy for what he is. They need to cut their losses now. Or at least, shove this guy in the back of the pen until they can get rid of him.

jgro85

Mar 15, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well, he is definitely not that good, but his record is unlucky in the fact he hasn't pitched that bad enough to win 0 games. I don't understand how people aren't grasping this.

Members online

Latest posts