Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leaf Pride of the Pinstripe print issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swanssy

Apr 1, 2010
I can see what you mean around the edges, but on the Tim Lollar, this mark in the middle of the card to the left of the text seems different than the others.

Lollarmark.jpg

Last edited:

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I can see what you mean around the edges, but on the Tim Lollar, this mark in the middle of the card to the left of the text seems different than the others.

View attachment 19505

The Lollar is different for sure as that's an ink smudge probably from grabbing a wet sheet prior to adding the coating. Considering ink is obviously "wet" it's still uncommon to see these light smears, but it's not from BGS or Leaf nor a matter of being stained or marked...just a print imperfection. Shouldn't affect the overall value in the slightest and fortunately it's on the back.

swanssy

Apr 1, 2010
The Lollar is different for sure as that's an ink smudge probably from grabbing a wet sheet prior to adding the coating. Considering ink is obviously "wet" it's still uncommon to see these light smears, but it's not from BGS or Leaf nor a matter of being stained or marked...just a print imperfection. Shouldn't affect the overall value in the slightest and fortunately it's on the back.

On a Tim Lollar you're probably right it doesn't affect the value that much, but if this were a Mattingly or Mantle I think it's a whole different story. Any defect that makes the card look less attractive is going to hurt the value IMO.

Members online

Latest posts