Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

List the top 10 most important rookie cards in last 20 yrs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
George_Calfas said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
[quote="Crash Davis":h07nafzj]
James52411 said:
Very good list by Vagrant, but I would make the following changes.

1992 Bowman Piazza: this was the card that launched the Bowman brand from an inferior quality secondary product to a sought after brand specializing in rookie cards. The fact that this was one of the few sets with Piazza marked Bowman as the home of rookie card.

1994 SP Alex Rodriguez: Though the 93 Jeter was a hot card it was the ARod that had collectors ripping boxes of the first Phenom slugger since Griffey.

1995 Bowman Chrome Andruw Jones: The Jones, Rolen, and Vlad cards launched Bowman Chrome and established it as the premier brand for rookie cards. Also serves as the first set where refractor rookies became a sought after premium.

1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars J.D. Drew: A hot card that showed shortprinting a rookie card can drive prices and demand. The forerunner of making rookies shortprinted in most major sets.

2007 Bowman Chrome Jobs Chamberlain: Paved the way for $100 plus base rookie autos in Chrome and helped attract many new prospect speculators.

2010 Bowman Autograph Stephen Strasburg: Perhaps the card that will reinvigorate the hobby and bring lost collectors. Also likely to be the card that helps manufacturers realize it makes more sense to use a phenom's rookies to carry an entire year's products rather than an end of year specialty release such as Bowman Draft.

Agree with the 1990 Leaf Thomas, 1992 Taylor, 2004 Felix 1/1, and 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols.

Sorry, James, but 1995 was Bowman's Best and NOT Bowman Chrome. And, if I'm not mistaken, the year before that, there was a Ruben Rivera Bowman's Best refractor that did stupid money.

Was Rivera in the Bowman Best?? I thought he was only in Bowman????

!B)JV7YQB2k~$(KGrHqJ,!i4Ev1+z1OkBBMMN8!o8kQ~~_12.jpg
!B),!zwwBGk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEwOiU1!IQBMNUNmLjRw~~_3.jpg[/quote:h07nafzj]

I think they were talking about 1994 Bowman's Best, but damn, those are some nice cards you have there George!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
George_Calfas said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
[quote="Crash Davis":1i0q0og4]
James52411 said:

1992 Bowman Piazza: this was the card that launched the Bowman brand from an inferior quality secondary product to a sought after brand specializing in rookie cards. The fact that this was one of the few sets with Piazza marked Bowman as the home of rookie card.

1994 SP Alex Rodriguez: Though the 93 Jeter was a hot card it was the ARod that had collectors ripping boxes of the first Phenom slugger since Griffey.

1995 Bowman Chrome Andruw Jones: The Jones, Rolen, and Vlad cards launched Bowman Chrome and established it as the premier brand for rookie cards. Also serves as the first set where refractor rookies became a sought after premium.

1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars J.D. Drew: A hot card that showed shortprinting a rookie card can drive prices and demand. The forerunner of making rookies shortprinted in most major sets.

2007 Bowman Chrome Jobs Chamberlain: Paved the way for $100 plus base rookie autos in Chrome and helped attract many new prospect speculators.

2010 Bowman Autograph Stephen Strasburg: Perhaps the card that will reinvigorate the hobby and bring lost collectors. Also likely to be the card that helps manufacturers realize it makes more sense to use a phenom's rookies to carry an entire year's products rather than an end of year specialty release such as Bowman Draft.

Agree with the 1990 Leaf Thomas, 1992 Taylor, 2004 Felix 1/1, and 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols.

Sorry, James, but 1995 was Bowman's Best and NOT Bowman Chrome. And, if I'm not mistaken, the year before that, there was a Ruben Rivera Bowman's Best refractor that did stupid money.

!B),!zwwBGk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEwOiU1!IQBMNUNmLjRw~~_3.jpg[/quote:1i0q0og4]

That's 1995...I think the post was saying there was a Rivera Refractor the year before that (1994) but Rivera was only in regular Bowman...
( Edit **Fry beat me to it!)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Philip J. Fry said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2d30bmv6]
gwynn5453l4u said:
[quote="Crash Davis":2d30bmv6]
James52411 said:

!B),!zwwBGk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEwOiU1!IQBMNUNmLjRw~~_3.jpg[/quote:2d30bmv6]

I think they were talking about 1994 Bowman's Best, but damn, those are some nice cards you have there George![/quote:2d30bmv6]

Sorry, I saw 1995.

All images from ebay
!BuiuzMwEWk~$(KGrHqEOKi0EvNT29-5)BM!wK3yhbw~~_3.jpg

Members online

Latest posts