Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Making a Comic Book Come to Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'm a bit short on time this evening, so instead of prepping it for the site, I figured I'd just post a link to my latest article. I had a blast making my latest creations and bragging about my latest pick up. Let me know what you think!

http://tanmanbaseballfan.com/2016/03/making-a-comic-book-come-to-life.html

whatithink.jpg

Last edited:

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I really enjoyed your article & you make some amazing cards! I have collected Kirby Puckett cards since 1987 and comics since 1992. I would certainly stop collecting comics to keep my Puckett collection going if I was forced to pick one.

My draw to comics is the amazing artwork and there's some really great stories. There's some really great titles out there and my weekly comic pull has grown over the last several years as a result. I prefer Image titles over the big two, Marvel & DC. In fact, I think I only have one non-image title in my pull right now, which is Batman (new 52). My favorite comic artist draws it, Greg Capullo. He's leaving the title soon for another project so, I'll end up following him and stop collecting Batman.

If you're interested in any titles to read, let me know.

Take care,
Jeremy

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
So great that you tracked down the original art! Glad to see something come of these comics. Now I sort of hope I never find the art from the Winfield comic, as my bank account would not appreciate it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Cool stuff Tanner.

Sadly I can't collect comic books much anymore. They are like a bad drug for me. I like way too many characters. Plus, IMO, a lot of the one-shots(especially the one-shots) and mini series have the best dang stories and some of the best artists so it goes from liking 20 different comics, to picking up 50+ titles a month. Love the punisher, deadpool(yes, I liked deadpool before the new movie as some of the comics were really hilarious), spawn, iron man, all x-men(also wolverine solo), spiderman(like venom, doc ock, and carnage too), ghost rider, batman, fantastic four, incredible hulk, dare devil, captain america, avengers, moonknight, heroes for hire, etc. Plus, I am a big godzilla fan(I see they are making new titles for him) and like plenty of other things they make comics for. It really became way too much. I was told by a few friends I should just cut back on titles and only collect what I really really like. Which truthfully, I could have cut back a few. But my if I had to, I'd have cut back down to basically any x-men related comic, any spiderman related comic, punisher, spawn, and probably batman. That alone would have been a slew of titles as last time I was involved, spiderman had at least three or four titles which didn't include venom or carnage or doc ock having their own stuff. Punisher had at least slowed down to a few one shots and the max line. Spawn was thank god just a one comic deal at that point. But between the spiderman and x-men stuff(and all related titles) alone, I'd still be running out of room. It's like being told to quit watching a bunch of tv shows you really enjoy. Kinda hard to do that unless you quit all of them cold turkey and get into something else.

I still pick up punisher and spawn(usually in tpb form if I can find it) and have two of the three walking dead compendiums, but I absolutely refuse to buy any other comics. At all.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Awesome Tanner! Love the comicbookmen booklet, I dvr that show and watch it all the time. Great stuff

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Thank you guys - I really enjoyed what all came out of this whole thing :)

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Cool stuff Tanner.

Sadly I can't collect comic books much anymore. They are like a bad drug for me. I like way too many characters. Plus, IMO, a lot of the one-shots(especially the one-shots) and mini series have the best dang stories and some of the best artists so it goes from liking 20 different comics, to picking up 50+ titles a month. Love the punisher, deadpool(yes, I liked deadpool before the new movie as some of the comics were really hilarious), spawn, iron man, all x-men(also wolverine solo), spiderman(like venom, doc ock, and carnage too), ghost rider, batman, fantastic four, incredible hulk, dare devil, captain america, avengers, moonknight, heroes for hire, etc. Plus, I am a big godzilla fan(I see they are making new titles for him) and like plenty of other things they make comics for. It really became way too much. I was told by a few friends I should just cut back on titles and only collect what I really really like. Which truthfully, I could have cut back a few. But my if I had to, I'd have cut back down to basically any x-men related comic, any spiderman related comic, punisher, spawn, and probably batman. That alone would have been a slew of titles as last time I was involved, spiderman had at least three or four titles which didn't include venom or carnage or doc ock having their own stuff. Punisher had at least slowed down to a few one shots and the max line. Spawn was thank god just a one comic deal at that point. But between the spiderman and x-men stuff(and all related titles) alone, I'd still be running out of room. It's like being told to quit watching a bunch of tv shows you really enjoy. Kinda hard to do that unless you quit all of them cold turkey and get into something else.

I still pick up punisher and spawn(usually in tpb form if I can find it) and have two of the three walking dead compendiums, but I absolutely refuse to buy any other comics. At all.

I can completely respect and understand this!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Love the Fleer(ish) comic card.

I made these a few years ago of Reds players:

bruce-comic-small.jpg

phillips-comic.jpg

White lettering, color variation or parallel?

votto2.jpg

ooops forgot to add border around Votto.

Fordman

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Thank you guys - I really enjoyed what all came out of this whole thing :)

I couldn't see it in the comic, but who is the artist in those? It looks really familiar, kind of in the Tim Vigil style, with shades of George Perez as well.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Tanner, you are making me want to start making my own cards lol

bruce-comic-small.jpg

phillips-comic.jpg

votto2.jpg

Fordman

Very nice!

mouschi

May 18, 2012

bruce-comic-small.jpg

phillips-comic.jpg

votto2.jpg

Fordman

I love 'em! I just might have to crank out a few more :)

I couldn't see it in the comic, but who is the artist in those? It looks really familiar, kind of in the Tim Vigil style, with shades of George Perez as well.

Greg Fox!

Tanner, you are making me want to start making my own cards lol

Dooo iiitttt!

Members online

Latest posts