Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mets get Francisco Lindor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN - The New York Mets have acquired star shortstop Francisco Lindor and right-handed pitcher Carlos Carrasco in a blockbuster trade with the Cleveland Indians.

In return, Cleveland received shortstops Amed Rosario and Andres Gimenez and two minor league prospects -- right-hander Josh Wolf and outfielder Isaiah Greene.

The Indians save significant 2021 payroll in parting with Lindor ($19.5 million) and Carrasco ($12 million).

Since his MLB debut in 2015, Lindor ranks first among all shortstops in WAR (28.4), home runs (138) and extra-base hits, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

He also ranks second in RBIs (411) and runs (508), and fifth in OPS (.835) and slugging (.485), while batting .285. At 27, Lindor has earned four All-Star nods, two Gold Gloves and two Silver Sluggers to go with a World Series appearance in 2016 and a second-place finish in the AL Rookie of the Year voting in 2015.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Could see that coming a mile away- Cohen's first big splash- nice Mets pickup. I'm sure @MrMet is gonna like that one !!

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Mets fans have got to be excited about this move. Can’t wait to see Lindor in a large market.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Could see that coming a mile away- Cohen's first big splash- nice Mets pickup. I'm sure @MrMet is gonna like that one !!

Oh yeah! Woulda liked to see Gimenez get some more playing time and see what he can do...Rosarios no big loss and no idea about the prospects...but getting back arguably a top 3 if not the best SS in the game makes that ok...oh and Carrasco too...

Anyone hear anything about Lindor and the Mets talking extension?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts