Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This ranks up there as one of the odder items I have added. A primary ballot from CA showing Garvey as a candidate for Senator.

It was $4...was not sure what I'd be willing to pay when I first saw one, as the other one I saw listed at $9.99 OBO and that was too much. Free shipping helped too.
Garvey Ballot.png

May 2024 Big League. I like these cards each year. Fun designs. Reminds of days gone by with simpler designs and such.
May.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
O'Connell large print with hand coloring/sig by O'Connell 28/500Garvey Oconnell COlor.jpg

Padre Brochure, 85/86 time frame approxGarvey Catalog.jpg

Dodgers brochure from 1977. This unfolds to 16" x 20" approx.77 Dodgers Brochure.png

Gonsolin /88Gonsolin 88.jpg

Kemp /199Kemp.png

Kendall Refractor /499Kendall.png

PepiotPepiot.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A good mail day today.

Sporting Life custom Garvey/Ryan/Rose 1/1Garvey Rose Ryan Sporting Life.jpg

Garvey mini A&G back. garvey AG Back.png

A paid of Dodger Lofton cards. His first, I believe, other than possibly an Archive buyback. one is /199 the other /25. Couldn't win one to save my life. i had an offer in on the /199 and as soon as I won the /25, the offer was accepted. It goes that way for me quite a bit, but I can life with that. I don't mind dupes.

It appears the /25 is a jersey # match to boot.

Lofton 25.pngLofton 199.png

Reese auto print
Reese.png

A pair of Gonsolin Archives. One /56, the other /99
Gonsolin 56.jpgGonsolin 99.png
Gonzalez /51
A Gonzalez.png

Vargas /18
Vargas 18.png

5 Russell Martin autos

Martin 5.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /22. A newer insert card, cards your mom threw out or something similar. Don't like those quite as much as "vintage" buybacks, not that 85 would be vintage though. Garvey 22.png
76 Topps team checklist sheet76T Sheet.png

Can't get enough of these more obscure Dodger archives. This particular is a dupe too. /18. G Anderson 18.png

Ishii. Ishii.png

Interesting photo with Wills and Willie DavisWills and David MRM.png

1959 Dodgers record with Vin Scully Full size, 33 1/3 rpm, I think. I didn't take it out to try to play.Vin 59 Dod record mrm.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sheff /200. Sheffield 200 mrm.png

Alston. Alston.png

This literally showed up today, the day I read that he is leaving the Dodgers after a very short tenure! It's a new one for the list, but with new roster ads this year and a few stubborn older players, I am up to needing 9, possibly 10 to complete the LA run. Landon Knack makes 10, but I may have a card of his already. I forget.
Trammell 99 mrm.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This is a continuation of my great mail day share, started at the monthly pick-up thread. The Dodger part of the mailday was equally exciting...

Sheehan Heritage is the first from the set for me. Still hope to land an Outman at a decent price.
Sheehan.png
A pair of Garvey /25.
Garvey 25 Panini.png Garvey 25.png

Scratched TWO off the Dodger wantlist today. I can't remember the last time I added 2 players in one day. Feyereisen and Covey.
Feyereisen 50.pngCovey mrm.png

The big news in Dodgertown is the discovery (for me at least) of a previously unknown Pepsi Dodger item, this one is a Don Sutton application from 1974! I absolutely love this stuff and hope to still find more in the future.

One day I will get a picture of everyone in one shot, but I have grown quite a nice little collection of this former kids club memorabilia. I always appreciate new Line Drives, but compared to the application, they are garbage!!
Dodger pEPSI.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /150
Garvey 150.png

I had a few of these, but ended up winning it for $5.50 plus shipping. /70
s-l1600.jpg

Green /15. Another out of it's case, but it was cheap enough to not care too much.
S Green 15.png

abide

Apr 29, 2021
Garvey /150
View attachment 356119

I had a few of these, but ended up winning it for $5.50 plus shipping. /70
View attachment 356120

Green /15. Another out of it's case, but it was cheap enough to not care too much.
View attachment 356121
I picked up a couple "out of case" Green Archive Signatures recently. Up until now, I only got encased from Archives Signature Retired edition.
I'm trying to figure out if people opened up cases, or if they were pulled like this, "leftovers" slated at ARchives Signature retired,
inserted into Archives and Archives Signature [not retired] without the case.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I picked up a couple "out of case" Green Archive Signatures recently. Up until now, I only got encased from Archives Signature Retired edition.
I'm trying to figure out if people opened up cases, or if they were pulled like this, "leftovers" slated at ARchives Signature retired,
inserted into Archives and Archives Signature [not retired] without the case.
I assume people have opened them, but I don't know this for sure

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts