Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Record High, Jordan 98 Ultra Platinum Medallion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkfandan

Aug 7, 2008
4600 North Chicago, IL
Personally, I love to see stuff like this. I'm biased however, as the 90's basketball stuff (Jordan in particular), are my all time favorites. Apparently, I'm not alone in feeling that way - based on these auction prices.

Orangejello727

Jul 7, 2010
Who was the seller on this card?

it seems like only certain sellers get high prices. If I were to put the same card up for auction, I wouldnt get anything close to that price. It seems like the case for so many jordan cards going for insane amounts. I think there is shilling or price collusion going on with some of these insert. Look at the BMOC jordan. Most dont go for more than 200 but when powerbuyer lists one it goes for 400 plus. Kind of ironic?

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
wbonus said:
Who was the seller on this card?

it seems like only certain sellers get high prices. If I were to put the same card up for auction, I wouldnt get anything close to that price. It seems like the case for so many jordan cards going for insane amounts. I think there is shilling or price collusion going on with some of these insert. Look at the BMOC jordan. Most dont go for more than 200 but when powerbuyer lists one it goes for 400 plus. Kind of ironic?

There are definitely some crazy Jordan sales. I had sold the Platinum back in November at $511. Powerbuyer does see some high prices, but he also is one of the biggest Jordan buyers on eBay. A lot of the Jordan stuff is all about reputation of the seller. If you are a seller who accepts International shipping and has good feedback, you can see some crazy prices on Jordan, Kobe, Rodman, Pippen, Penny, etc.

Joe

emeyeceeone

May 23, 2009
when i first created this post, $573 is what I saw on ebay US.

i posted this same thread on a german message board, and someone pointed out to me afterwards that there was actually a higher sale on ebay AUSTRIA a few weeks earlier.

so if you click on the original link, you'll see that I made an update to the article, stating that $700+ was the new high. I even posted a link to the Austrian auction to show the sale.

emeyeceeone

May 23, 2009
the seller on the $573 jordan was alex5923.

the seller on the $787 jordan was crusader0217.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts