Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Somewhat new in collecting basketball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
Hey guys I love basketball to death. Been collecting baseball forever and I'm just getting tired of it. The prospect collecting has lost its fun so I;ve decided to focus alot on ball. My question is...I'm looking at purchasing a box that has good hits a solid checlist for about 100 bucks if i have to exceed by a bot then ok. If anyone can help me out that would be great thanks

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
matty07 said:
Hey guys I love basketball to death. Been collecting baseball forever and I'm just getting tired of it. The prospect collecting has lost its fun so I;ve decided to focus alot on ball. My question is...I'm looking at purchasing a box that has good hits a solid checlist for about 100 bucks if i have to exceed by a bot then ok. If anyone can help me out that would be great thanks
That reminds me that I have to get to busting a few boxes more as I have transitioned to buying singles. I heard the new Bowman 48 was pretty good. I think you could get a box off ebay for like 60 bucks and you get 3 autos per box? Good luck and post here with the hits :) .

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Were you looking for rookies or vets? Or interested in a particular rookie class?
I'm trying to get a better idea so i can suggest something....it's tough because in b-ball the past few years have had a lot of rookies exclusive to topps or UD - and UD obviously has the rights to Jordan, Kobe, Lebron auto's and what not.....so If you give a better idea of what you hoped to hit, we may be able to help you out more.

I do have one suggestion....Topps Signature
Some people didn't like this product because a lot of the auto's had super high print runs, which limited their values (For ex. Shaq has 800+ autos, and even Bill Russell is #'d 499 - so not exactly "short printed") - but that's exactly why i think it may be fun for a first break...the price has come down so $80 gets you 8 AUTOS. A few are bound to be no name rookies, but there's a pretty deep checklist of vets and retired players, and every box has a level "A" auto guaranteed....I forget exactly who that group consisted of, pretty sure it was D. Rose, C. Paul, D.Wade, D. Robinson, Shaq, Russell, Bird, Magic, P.Pierce and a few others......

Either way....pretty much guarantees one decent to great auto to start your collection and then 7 others you can keep/trade/sell. So maybe not the "sexiest" product and no promise of $10,000 cards none of us will ever see, but figure it'd be a nice first break with decent value and 8 hits for you. Here's the sell sheet info if you wanted to take a look.........

http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/ss/0 ... ureBKB.pdf

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
rymflaherty said:
Were you looking for rookies or vets? Or interested in a particular rookie class?
I'm trying to get a better idea so i can suggest something....it's tough because in b-ball the past few years have had a lot of rookies exclusive to topps or UD - and UD obviously has the rights to Jordan, Kobe, Lebron auto's and what not.....so If you give a better idea of what you hoped to hit, we may be able to help you out more.

Some people didn't like this product because a lot of the auto's had super high print runs, which limited their values (For ex. Shaq has 800+ autos, and even Bill Russell is #'d 499 - so not exactly "short printed") - but that's exactly why i think it may be fun for a first break...the price has come down so $80 gets you 8 AUTOS. A few are bound to be no name rookies, but there's a pretty deep checklist of vets and retired players, and every box has a level "A" auto guaranteed....I forget exactly who that group consisted of, pretty sure it was D. Rose, C. Paul, D.Wade, D. Robinson, Shaq, Russell, Bird, Magic, P.Pierce and a few others......

Either way....pretty much guarantees one decent to great auto to start your collection and then 7 others you can keep/trade/sell. So maybe not the "sexiest" product and no promise of $10,000 cards none of us will ever see, but figure it'd be a nice first break with decent value and 8 hits for you. Here's the sell sheet info if you wanted to take a look.........

Thats a good idea. I think I might make a purchase on the topps signature. By the way for basketball im more for collecting stars-vets-HOF, but maybe a little rookie stuff. I'm a huge Garnett and Lebron fan, as we kow already Lebron is UD exclusive but can you give me a list possibly of guys who are exclusive to UD and where Garnett stands that would be great thanks alot man

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
matty07 said:
rymflaherty said:

Thats a good idea. I think I might make a purchase on the topps signature. By the way for basketball im more for collecting stars-vets-HOF, but maybe a little rookie stuff. I'm a huge Garnett and Lebron fan, as we kow already Lebron is UD exclusive but can you give me a list possibly of guys who are exclusive to UD and where Garnett stands that would be great thanks alot man

Kobe, Lebron, KG, and MJ are with UD.

Members online