Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FS TEHERAN 2 AUTO LOT (BGS 10/10, RAW); HARPER 91 LOT BGS 10 +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You won't sell it at that price. Probably Ever. List it how you want, but you are wasting your time. If you are happy making a thread and never selling, you're doing a good job.

Peace.

Also, look up the definition of slander.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
You won't sell it at that price. Probably Ever. List it how you want, but you are wasting your time. If you are happy making a thread and never selling, you're doing a good job.

Peace.

Also, look up the definition of slander.

Just curious: how would you calculate a 10/10 auto that is 45.5x rarer than a 9.5 of the same card, esp knowing only two such cards exist and that the guy is on fire? Please share how you would come to a price. Thanks.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Just curious: how would you calculate a 10/10 auto that is 45.5x rarer than a 9.5 of the same card, esp knowing only two such cards exist and that the guy is on fire? Please share how you would come to a price. Thanks.

Put it on eBay. Market. Done. You can even put your high BIN as the list price and field some offers.

The fact is, you'll never sell it here. Sorry.

soakley123

Aug 16, 2010
Little Rock, AR
CHRIS SALE IS POP 2, but never saw a sale, he countered me at $150 and it was still up last time I looked.

I sold Vogelbach 10/10 for $100 on ebay recently and traded another at $100, Springer 10/10 for $100 off ebay, springer ref 10/10 for $140 on ebay, freddie freeman ref 10/10 for $200 on ebay. Cowart 10/10 for $120 on ebay...all of these were recently and all are in the same general range as the teheran's raw range.

Just spitting more data. Yeah if you want more then that's your price, but Profar, Bundy, even Oscar aren't even getting that price so why on earth would Teheran.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
CHRIS SALE IS POP 2, but never saw a sale, he countered me at $150 and it was still up last time I looked.

I sold Vogelbach 10/10 for $100 on ebay recently and traded another at $100, Springer 10/10 for $100 off ebay, springer ref 10/10 for $140 on ebay, freddie freeman ref 10/10 for $200 on ebay. Cowart 10/10 for $120 on ebay...all of these were recently and all are in the same general range as the teheran's raw range.

Just spitting more data. Yeah if you want more then that's your price, but Profar, Bundy, even Oscar aren't even getting that price so why on earth would Teheran.

Simple: he's had a much better spring, he cracked the rotation, and the scarcity of the card, as I keep reiterating.

Sale has had 2/3 the # graded as Teheran, plus it will be a pop 3 after I submit this: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...uA/PiP6SFA7PEo/s800/SALE.CHR.AU.10BDP.OS1.jpg

He's already played a while too, so his stuff may have already peaked. Unless he dominates again this year. Seems the Braves fans are a little more hobby-friendly than the ChiSox fans.

Last edited:

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
But scarcity of a card is not the same as scarcity of grade. You compared this to a super vs. a gold refractor. Is there a premium for low pop gems? Of course there is but ultimately it's up to any potential buyer to determine how much value they place on that .5 of a difference in grade. Good luck finding that person and I don't think anyone blames you for fishing for them, just realize that those collectors are both insane and mythical to normal folks like most of us and that the majority opinion on grading has long since shifted (manufactured scarcity, buy the card not the grade, etc.)

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Brewer Andy;1945368[B said:
]But scarcity of a card is not the same as scarcity of grade.[/B] You compared this to a super vs. a gold refractor. Is there a premium for low pop gems? Of course there is but ultimately it's up to any potential buyer to determine how much value they place on that .5 of a difference in grade. Good luck finding that person and I don't think anyone blames you for fishing for them, just realize that those collectors are both insane and mythical to normal folks like most of us and that the majority opinion on grading has long since shifted (manufactured scarcity, buy the card not the grade, etc.)

For many, scarcity of a grade is more valuable and demands larger increases in values than scarcity of cards. It all depends. There's a 9.5 Sano gold auto for $2500 listed on ebay. Will it sell for $2500? How about Blowoutcards.com trying to sell an 8 box case of 2011 Bowman Sterling for $2800? Will that sell? I could go on and on and on along those lines.

I posted the item here because I thought some Braves fans might have interest to pick them up here for less than ebay. Unfortunately it's the same old song and dance with members trying to tell other members how much to sell their cards for, meanwhile their "buds" on here have inflated prices 3-5x the going rates on ebay.

At any rate, I have two nice Teheran autos available if anyone is looking to buy. :)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
For many, scarcity of a grade is more valuable and demands larger increases in values than scarcity of cards. It all depends. There's a 9.5 Sano gold auto for $2500 listed on ebay. Will it sell for $2500? How about Blowoutcards.com trying to sell an 8 box case of 2011 Bowman Sterling for $2800? Will that sell? I could go on and on and on along those lines.

I posted the item here because I thought some Braves fans might have interest to pick them up here for less than ebay. Unfortunately it's the same old song and dance with members trying to tell other members how much to sell their cards for, meanwhile their "buds" on here have inflated prices 3-5x the going rates on ebay.

At any rate, I have two nice Teheran autos available if anyone is looking to buy. :)

You will always have two nice Teheran autos available at that price, as no one will be looking to buy at that price.

I'll go one further: if you do find someone who is uneducated enough to pull the trigger at that price, everyone here would feel that either A) the buyer is a complete idiot and/or B) you took advantage of someone who had no idea what something was worth (but a fool and his money, so-to-speak).

Also, I dare you to put the card on eBay and see if your "less than eBay" price here really ends up being what you say it is compared to eBay.

Last edited:

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You're an idiot.

I had a long and extensive response written but after writing it I realized that, based on his responses, it wouldnt matter because all of us are conspiring against him.

Dude is either an idiot or completely delusional.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
I had a long and extensive response written but after writing it I realized that, based on his responses, it wouldnt matter because all of us are conspiring against him.

Dude is either an idiot or completely delusional.

"It's all in the game, yo." (Weis, 2012)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Let me see if I can get a buyer in here who might pay what you're asking:

@jerryjones

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Hahaha another outrageous price/grading thread started by BMP? What else is new? At least this card is actually graded, and not a BMP speculation like most have been in the past. I've tried to be nice to you lately (by nice I mean not making fun of you) but man you make it very hard to not call you out on crap like this all the time. You're the most out of touch person I've ever encountered in this hobby. You're like the person asking $100 for a 1988 Topps factory set on craigslist...only several times a year.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Hahaha another outrageous price/grading thread started by BMP? What else is new? At least this card is actually graded, and not a BMP speculation like most have been in the past. I've tried to be nice to you lately (by nice I mean not making fun of you) but man you make it very hard to not call you out on crap like this all the time. You're the most out of touch person I've ever encountered in this hobby. You're like the person asking $100 for a 1988 Topps factory set on craigslist...only several times a year.

I take insults from you as compliments. Thank you.

Members online